Sourcing and fitting a new engine.....

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
Right i'm thinking my engine might not be the strongest to handle the upgrades i have planed as the timing chain is making so much noise.

Anyway. does anyone have an idea how much a CG13DE engine would be with less than 50k on thr clock?

For a decent one - about £100 - £170.

Depends on where you look to be honest, its alot of hassle to do but easy enough if you know what your doing :)

well i was toying with the idea of getting on, buying an engine mount/trolly and stripping it and rebuilding it with performance parts (cams, HG etc).

Is the CG13DE engine easy to work on?

Try http://www.apiengines.com/petrol.php

A Standard API Engine from Japan is one that will have covered less than 40,000 km's.
and the premier one:
The 'Premier Engine', having passed all the regular standard tests is then connected to a purpose built rig that will allow the engine to run for about 45 minutes. Because it is connected to a full water cooled radiator system its hot running characteristics can be evaluated and its oil pressure and compression performance can be very carefully monitored under more usual circumstances.

A new cam belt is fitted before testing and after the engine has passed the test, all ancillary components, that are usually supplied attached to a standard unit, are removed and discarded. Franchised dealers are aware of the fact that to prepare a standard A.P.I. engine for fitting can require up to an hours work. With labour rates in some parts of the country approaching £45.00 per hour this is obviously a sensitive issue. By supplying an engine with all gasket surfaces clean and the block ancilary free, the worry is overcome.
I've heard good stories about them before :)

Certainly worth a call :) Plus by the sounds of the text - "From Japan", they will be the blacktop engines..

I'm not sure... I know I need to know this too as I have NATS, although I think it's the early one but i'm not sure what the deal is with it all...

Engine change, easy
Sourcing an engine, speak to Dusk or Kristian about Just Nissan
Doing the work, fun, expensive and time consuming
End result, kick @ss car!

Hey james i got a quote from API

Dear Paul
Thank you for your interest in API Engines Ltd.

We have that engine in stock for you at £495.00 as a low mileage used imported engine
Please look here for all the specs of an engine from API. Please take careful note of our
warranty and also how our products are achieved and presented.

The engine will cost around £34.00 to freight to most England postcodes. We do not need
an exchange unit.

If you are in the UK please add VAT [ Sales Tax ] to all quoted prices.
If you need more information or I have missed something, or you wish
to place an order, please call the sales line above.

Thanks and kind regards
David
APi Sales

Bit pricey if you ask me - am i right?

The overall price is £581ish! thats alot for an engine i'm wanting to strip and play with!

Fair enough, pretty mental :blush:

I've never asked for a quote off them before, but WOW that's expensive! Lol

Scrappy it is then... ;)

Or you could try www.findanengine.co.uk - They contact a load of scrappies for you, it's where i got my last gearbox from

its a good re-con engine, sounds like a bargain to me, if you want it cheaper i would recommend finding a second hand one cheap, and doing the work yourself

Yeah sorry to clarify i didn't mean it was expensive for a recon, i meant for just having a second engine to play with :blush:

James said:
Yeah sorry to clarify i didn't mean it was expensive for a recon, i meant for just having a second engine to play with :blush:

you play with it james? You wouldnt even do your manifold yourself :p

I was talking about wilsonian! And also it wasnt the manifold, it was the backbox, which actually needed a breaker bar to get the bolts off, which i dont have, and a set of ramps, which i also dont have :p

James said:
I was talking about wilsonian! And also it wasnt the manifold, it was the backbox, which actually needed a breaker bar to get the bolts off, which i dont have, and a set of ramps, which i also dont have :p

ive done a back box with no ramps, just lie under the car and get very arms, shoulders, back and neck :|

Ive done a manifold with no ramps or jacks...
My car has Nats, and has NATS fobs - Me and Goldstar swapped engines and it started up first time... Nats has nothing to do with the engine.

Ian said:
ive done a back box with no ramps, just lie under the car and get very arms, shoulders, back and neck :|
At the end of the day, I preferred paying £23.50 for a man to do it in 20 minutes than for me to get cold, wet and strain my back (amongst other things) most probably.

James said:
I preferred paying £23.50 for a man

:( *shakes head* oh dear what has the world come to...lol...i personally think the opposite, id rather spend twice as long fitting it myself and save all those £23.50's together.

But then thats me :D

Back