Sound deadening/damping

L

lewis

Now my sounds are complete, all I need is to sound proof the car :)

Has anybody done it in a micra? Any tips or pearls of wisdom you can share?

The rear of my car vibrates veeery badly when the tunes are pumping and it sounds crap.

Cheers guys,
Lewis

i dunno if this will help with music sound quality,ut when i stripped my miicra it had a full s/s exhaust system on it de-cat and manifold..and that makes it really really loud inside the car.

so because i got pi55ed off with it. i coverd most of the rear with underlay that i got off a mate for free,,,,,,,,,,, hes a carpet fitter :Dand then coverd that with sound proof stuff that you trim bass boxes in so it looked cool,,, and it made it 100 times better....i couldn't afford dynamat :(

Yes I've soundproofed the car.......this thread should probably be in the ice section tbh.

Fully dynamat extreme'd throughout, with some extra flashing tape where needed (to bulk out some of the panels).

I couldnt do without soundproofing tbh.

tbh honest there isnt much difference in ivanhoe sound deadening and top of the range stuff. there both made in the same factory. i used that and loft insulatiion crammed into every nuk and cranny and it sounded fantastic

Proabably a daft question, but where do you put the soundproofing? Also, is it to remove road noise etc, or the squeaks and rattles from the car body panels?

As far as I understand it, Dynamat is a rubber-like sheet - is that right? I think someone was mentioning (in a different thread) some kind of roof lining that is much cheaper.

Cheers

Back