sorry... just need some discussion

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
been searching and planning on the parts i want to put on my micra...

also sourced a 31V box from japan with LSD... i dunno what i should pay but i get it for $900AUD landed including lots of parts: extra drive shaft, clutch, flywheel, starter motor, shifter mech, clutch pedal and cable mech.. etc i think would be good for someone that have an auto CVT K11... and wanting to convert to manual...

havent bought it, still thinking... so i think i will keep the 31V and sell the 31A plus all the manual kit with it... it comes with everything ppl need to convert to manual...

but then i found out now that jspec can imports SR16VE engines... oh dear.... i felt confuse now... i alwasy wanted SR16VE pulsar... and in a micra it would be awesome!!

i guess converting to SR16VE would be too hard and i cannot afford to get the micra off the road for longer than 1 month... so i think i should stick with easier CG13...

would 65-70kw atw NA with bolt ons + cams be achievable? that would be close to the power / weight ratio that i want for winton. (i can shave the weight down to low 700kg i think)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
flameboy

in the uk we have a few 1.6 transplant abandoned projects because of the wiring and plumbing problems, you,ll end up cutting into the chassis, cut-n-shutting the shafts etc and its a huge inlet manifold iirc, but it would be awesome yes
and i think you would need wilder cams and a higher c/r to make 70kw atw

frank

70kw at the wheels is very achievable with stock internals, just cams. i reckon you could do it with 256's aswell. -extractors, exhaust, injectors, sr20 tb, afm, turbomarch spec intake plenum (soon to be released.. hopefully) and an emanage so you can throw heaps of timing into it. wouldn't be surprised if you get more with these mods.

that box your looking at... that the one on yahoo atm? if you can get one LANDED in australia for 900, i don't know what your thinking about, gtrholics owe's him tripple that.

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"70kw at the wheels is very achievable with stock internals, just cams. i reckon you could do it with 256's aswell. -extractors, exhaust, injectors, sr20 tb, afm, turbomarch spec intake plenum (soon to be released.. hopefully) and an emanage so you can throw heaps of timing into it.

turbo, you will have to post up some pics of your new intake plenum and what sr air flow meter you using, i have a s13 na and turbo one just dont know which one to use. thanks

s13 sr20det / de =same. ca18 de/det =same. s14/s15 de/det =same, r32/r33 s1 =same s2 = same but different plug. all s13 whether it be ca or sr use the same afm plug, so you can easily change between em, they just have different calibration... i'll be using a machined out s13 sr20de with a ca18det sensor (the actual sensor part of the ca and sr afm's can be interchanged .. 2 screws) i'll post up pics as soon as i got more progress on the plenum..

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member

"70kw at the wheels is very achievable with stock internals, just cams. i reckon you could do it with 256's aswell. -extractors, exhaust, injectors, sr20 tb, afm, turbomarch spec intake plenum (soon to be released.. hopefully) and an emanage so you can throw heaps of timing into it. wouldn't be surprised if you get more with these mods.

that box your looking at... that the one on yahoo atm? if you can get one LANDED in australia for 900, i don't know what your thinking about, gtrholics owe's him tripple that.

what?? triple?? u mean $2700?? o_O oh sorry i didnt know... oh my mate have monthly container to ship wheels and half cut, he said he would take care of that for me... i got 2 more days to decide... thats if no one bid on it... :)

anyway, i read few ppl have imported jap CG13de... arent they all the same? or does the jap spec have higher output? i guess it doesnt matter if you are still using aus spec ECU right?

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member

"s13 sr20det / de =same. ca18 de/det =same. s14/s15 de/det =same, r32/r33 s1 =same s2 = same but different plug. all s13 whether it be ca or sr use the same afm plug, so you can easily change between em, they just have different calibration... i'll be using a machined out s13 sr20de with a ca18det sensor (the actual sensor part of the ca and sr afm's can be interchanged .. 2 screws) i'll post up pics as soon as i got more progress on the plenum..

thanks turbo

flameboy WROTE:

"turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:<BR><BR>"70kw at the wheels is very achievable with stock internals, just cams. i reckon you could do it with 256's aswell. -extractors, exhaust, injectors, sr20 tb, afm, turbomarch spec intake plenum (soon to be released.. hopefully) and an emanage so you can throw heaps of timing into it. wouldn't be surprised if you get more with these mods.<BR><BR><BR><BR>that box your looking at... that the one on yahoo atm? if you can get one LANDED in australia for 900, i don't know what your thinking about, gtrholics owe's him tripple that."</DIV><BR><BR>what?? triple?? u mean $2700?? o_O oh sorry i didnt know... oh my mate have monthly container to ship wheels and half cut, he said he would take care of that for me... i got 2 more days to decide... thats if no one bid on it... :)<BR><BR>anyway, i read few ppl have imported jap CG13de... arent they all the same? or does the jap spec have higher output? i guess it doesnt matter if you are still using aus spec ECU right?

apparently the auto jap blocks are stronger somehow... the head casting is different. when i measured mine, the ports on the jap spec one are something like .02 bigger :D.. wow. all the sensors on the jap engines are different. if that box doesn't go up, grab it for sure, normally they go for 130,000 + on there. any chance of hooking us up with container postage for big ****?

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
yes... once all this go thru well, i can hook u up with him for container shipment... its better to contact him directly anyway, i dont want anyone to think i'm making something out of this by being the middle man or some sort...

now, his email confirmation today was:

total bidding price + 5% commision of the sold price + $350 shipping fee... thats how i got the $900 figure...

i sent him email today asking about the custom / hidden fee... i also told him my bid should max on 55000 yen i wont get it for anything more, coz i have a low budget for this :(

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
thx about the info on the stronger auto jap block... thats very interesting...

btw, another discussion, SC14 and SC12 went pretty cheap ($200-300) which got me thinking to get the best of both NA and turbo world... i mean, easier to get power more than NA ( i know wont be as much as turbo ) and still got the smooth power curve of NA for better corner an grip...

but they are pretty big... :S i couldnt really see the setup on whiteknight / datrats setup, but it looked like he put it behind the bumper infront of the alternator...

i have no experience making a strong braket for the SC unit too... so this could be risky, also if i have my header installed the space left might be close to none coz hurracine headers couldnt even fit aircond... how can it fit bigger SC unit?

Back