Fuel yet again, sorry!

CMF_martin

» CMF Member
Hello all, just joined as bought a 2001 Micra 998cc for my Daughter to learn to drive in, SCARRY!
Been fine up till last week, started, ran for 2/3 secs stalled, will not restart. Have a great spark, changed fuel filter, I can get fuel through it but ONLY by cranking engine, I though it is a electric pump so should pump fuel when ignition is on, is this corrct? I have also changed the Cam sensor as it came up as a fault code and it is now showing P0100 which I think is the MAF, but would this stop starting?
Confused of Maidenhead now opening a bottle of wine!
Any help much appreciated so I can continue teaching.......

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the pump will only run for 5 secs if the ecu does,nt recieve an rpm signal martin, and the mafs are prone on your later bosch type throttlebody (£30 ebay maf ?).
does it run ok with the maf disconnected ?

CMF_martin

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"the pump will only run for 5 secs if the ecu does,nt recieve an rpm signal martin, and the mafs are prone on your later bosch type throttlebody (£30 ebay maf ?).<BR>does it run ok with the maf disconnected ?

Hi, thanks for quick reply.
I can get her to run on Easystart with lots of backfiring and flames! It does not seem to make any diff if MAF connected or not. I have removed rear seat and with ignition "on" I have no power to any Fuel Pump terminals. Fuse is O.K. Would the ECU stop power getting to the pump feed? Even more confused!!!

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
nats usually cuts the injector signals martin (a fuelpump cut would be too easy to bypass eh)
there is a russian pdf manual with your coilpack type wiring loom included iirc
the early k11,s suffered from rot under the fuses near the battery ?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
martin WROTE:

"Hi again, Sorry, bit confused............do you think as I have no power at the fuel pump it is the immobiliser that is causing it?

no lol, i,m saying that cutting the fuelpump with an immobiliser is too easy to bypass (ie, hotwire the pump)
but trying to hotwire the injector signals would flood the engine eh

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
if there,s no 12v feed to the fuelpump, then there,s the cause surely ? the (blue) relay on my 97 is behind the o/s kick panel (at the bottom of the A post) but i doubt yours will be there
have you got any fuel pressure ? (pull the hairgrip off the fuel pressure reg and it should squirt a bit when you twist it free)

CMF_martin

» CMF Member
First I would like to thank you for your time!
Perhaps a little bit more backgound, it stalled a couple of weeks ago and would not start. I bought a code reader and it pointed to the cam sensor, I removed this, wiggled and cleaned th wires and the sender, replaced and she burst into life. Ran for 2 days then stalled again.
Code reader again showed cam sensor so purchased a brand new one, still will not start although have compression and good spark hence, yes it must be a fuel problem! I am afraid I am the old school, plugs, points and condensor with "proper" carbs, not computers! If I knew a good mechanic I would use him, but I don't. I will go out again and see if I can track the relay, there is NO fuel pressre and in fact no fuel unless I crank the engine, that is the bit that is confusing me, why do I have fuel on cranking but not when just the ignition is on.......................

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
martin WROTE:
why do I have fuel on cranking but not when just the ignition is on.......................

like i say, the ecu will cut the pump after 5 secs if the crank is,nt turning martin (for safety reasons)
and if the rail is dry when you remove the fuel reg, then the fuel is,nt being delivered eh

CMF_martin

» CMF Member
Its starting to make sense about fuel/cranking and ecu feed! Do you know if the MAF is faulty as per my Code Reader is telling me, this would effect the ECU and hence the fuel live feed?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
when the bosch mafs fail they tend to run better when disconnected (but thirsty)
you need to crank the engine for a few secs, and verify whether the rail is under pressure or dry first really

CMF_martin

» CMF Member
After chatting to a local recommended mechanic, he has put his/my money on the Crank sensor, so ordered one and hope it will cure it.
Am I right in thinking this sensor is under the car somewhere near the starter motor,which also has to be removed to gain access, can anyone confirm for me please?

CMF_martin

» CMF Member
And so it goes on and on!
Had a fully qualified experienced mechanic here today for two and a half hours, checked everything I had, and could not get it started!
"thinks" its the immobiliser but can not guarantee it, GREAT! At least he had the decency not to charge me which I was surprised about but glad!
I am off to the local Nissan garage tomrrow to see if they can help, hope I can get one of their mechanics to come out and have a look one evening, I can not afford main dealer prices!
Any more ideas from anyone on here?

CMF_martin

» CMF Member
Hi again Frank, its a game!
Am I right in thinking if all is well with the immobiliser, the 2 red lights, one on radio and the other one should be out when cranking? Mine seem to still be flashing when we crank engine.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
martin WROTE:

"Hi again Frank, its a game!

Am I right in thinking if all is well with the immobiliser, the 2 red lights, one on radio and the other one should be out when cranking? Mine seem to still be flashing when we crank engine.

i just checked mine and my misses,s martin, and both lights stop flashing when the dashlights/ignition is on :eek:
the antenna around the barrel are prone to fail, so a recode may only fix it temporarily eh !

Back