need some ideas.

CMF_bongo bus

» CMF Member
Hi guys.

Im going to start my project k11.
The first thing i wanna do is get some nice 14's for it.
Im going for a bososoku look.
The thing is... I still wanna maintain some handling and streetability of the car.

Would anyone have any suggestions/ recomendations for me to work with???

Cheers.
John.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Well firstly get a adjustable panhard bar. Only way to do it.

You'll also need coilovers .. BC coilovers are affordable and cheapish ($1300) Justjap

This will enable you to fit 14's Ive noted stock Mx5 wheels are 14x6.5 +20 which would sit fairly nice without being outside the guards. You could spray them a nice colour to make them look like wantanabes.

Then get a custom exhaust to sit outside the rear bumper and point skyward. Get a twin 3" as the whole point of Bozo is to be low, loud and crazy.

Goodluck

CMF_bongo bus

» CMF Member
thanks for the input.

i was aiming for some dish though with the wheels.
im not really to keen on putting any huge exhaust on the car.

where do you get the adjustable panhard bar from???

CMF_chargeR

» CMF Member
Whiteline make a reasonable inexpensive adjustable panhard bar. I ordered mine from my local Burson Automotive.

Which MX5 had 14x6.5 +20? NA6 "daisies" are not those specs, they are 5.5 and +35 or something silly like that. I agree that the specs you mention would fit pretty nicely though, go for anything SSR in 13 or 14x6.5-7 and offsets around 10-20 and you can't go wrong.

BC coilovers are okay but they don't go very low. This is my car on 185/60R13 with the BCs with all the collars taken out at the rear and all but one taken out at the front:

yeapv.jpg

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
$135. Fairly cheap. I can install it if you need too. As long as your local.

P.S above I don't think the car handles to well much lower. I felt more road feedback at that height in the rear, was very harsh. Raising it helped performance.

CMF_D.K.C

» CMF Member
For a bosozoku look go some black bolt-on flares. Theres plenty on Yahoo Japan if you can be bothered looking, or theres some on Humphris.co.uk but theyre a bit exxy. However, theyll allow you to run more -/ offset. Check out the yellow car with black bolt-on's in the Japanese meetup article on the main page of these forums for reference.

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
the exhaust is supposed to be stupidly huge. along the lines of this...

spipes.jpg

By greo77 at 2010-07-25

you wont go wrong.
or just big rims even if u need to space them out.maybe mod the grill always helps to change the appearance.
lowtuckingk11.jpg

Back