songs to help me get over my girl friend :down:

hey guys, havent been on for ages, going through a really bad patch right now, broke up with my long term girlfriend. anyone know any good songs to help my tough journey to university each morning? :down:

can be anything from rock to hip hop...beatiful day by u2 makes me feel so much betta!!

Dance music is generally good at lifting your spirts but you gotta find the good stuff. Not commercial pap. Its what turned my life around for me! Hence the Dj'ing n stuff. Dig out Gouryella - Gouryella (original mix) stick it on full, and if it makes your hair stand on end & Sends shivers down your spine, its worked for you! lol.

Anyway, if that doesnt float your boat.. I'd buy the new NME Essential Bands 2006. Should be something on here to cater to your taste!

Keep that head up dude.

Cheer up mate I wish I could get rid of my girlfriend. Least you'll be able to go down town on pull without feeling guilty now:upside:

was going through the same thing few years back... when i was younger and foolish...

tbh mate i would listen to music on drives and smoke and really just mope about....

**DONT DO IT**

get out the house, with ya mates and do shtuff, just listen to random radio to uni...

trust someone who been there done that, a lot of us have and got through...

i feel for you mate, when i broke up with my long term gf ages ago i just broke down and couldnt do anything right. whenever i re-visit the places i went with her i often wanted to cry.

but you got to pull yourself together mate, dont think negative. university years is perhaps one of the most important journey of your life, since you have the time and freedom, do your best at it. being successful in the future will no doubt be more rewarding than having a girlfriend. you're still young, plenty of time to find a suitable/compatible partner.

and you know what, party twice as hard and flirt twice as hard also! lol

Also i find watching Jerry springer makes puts a smile on your face! You just laugh at how stupid it is.

stevie nicks - edge of seventeen is my fav song at the moment, but it probably wnt help in this suituation.

try oasis -wonderwall, the verve -lucky man, Prodigy -smack my ##### up

the vandals my girlfriends dead! if you can download the video aswell, bit of an old tune but in your situation im sure itl put a smile on your face!

I'm just finishing this stage, although some days i'm really good, there are still days in which i miss her sooo much. However, you got to think nice thoughts try to take your mind of things.

Exercising is an excellent way to take your mind of things. Go to the gym and work out, preferably with a few mates (this is from past experience - couldnt afford the gym this time)

Best way to get over someone is to get under someone else :upside:

Someone told me...

I wouldn't know of course lol. Don't worry dude, happens to the best of us, personally I sit in a corner and listen to my favourite artist, Imogen Heap... but its depressing music so I wouldn't recommend it here!

dry your eyes by the streets...

makes you want to cry...make you realy weep......then youll feel better afterwords..

kinda like a high after a down...

I went through it a couple of years ago. I will openly admit I cried myself to sleep quite a few times. lol.

I found the best thing was to be with my mates. Alcohol helped short term but was not a solution. Sleeping around didn't help either.

The only thing that helps is time, time is a great healer. Although I can say it does change how u feel about women, there's always that tiny bit of me that doesn't fully trust someone. But I was with someone for 19 months, then she comes home tells me she got off with someone, a couple of days later she left me for him.

dry your eyes by the streets...

makes you want to cry...make you realy weep......then youll feel better afterwords..

kinda like a high after a down...

Totally agree.
Another one if your into dance is Paul Van Dyk - For An Angel, should definately put a smile on your face, or even Bootyluv - Boogie 2nite (Hypasonic Mix)

Just try and think of songs that bring back good memories and that have made you smile, always works for me!

i still cant listen to robbie williams angels...... for obvious reasons i wont go into now.... read my sig..

but i often hear it in the back ground.... or being mentioned... and it makes me remember my amanda....

you dont need to get over her.... just learn to deal with it.... and you will over time.

thanks guys. i was with her for 3 years. 3rd anniversary was in october. every little thing reminds me of her. we did so many things together and i cant do anything or go anywhere without thinking of her.

thought love was a good thing not something to cause hurt :(

steer clear of alcohol. A little with your mates might help, but too much will send u to hell. Just keep busy, and remember the good things u did. If u made a mistake, make sure u have learned from it so u never do it again. Everyone will get hurt at least once, and it makes u feel physically sick, but it does get better!! Chin up!!! :)

Back