Sometimes I love getting older!

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Just been checking around for new insurance as mine renew soonish.
At the moment it is around £1200 all declared and best quote I have at the moment is £650 all declared with my current insurance company :D
Love it!

that is with quinn direct. 2 years driving, 2 years no claims. 1 accident but did not become a claim. Exhaust, suspension and wheels declared as they only ask for performance mods to be declared not aesthetic mods.

I was quoted £300 on mine, a 1.0 with no mods, yet, 1 claim made in december, my fault :frown: no no claims. Might have something to do with the fact i am 28 but thats the price you pay! lol couldnt resist the pun

Don't forget to give Sky and Chris Knott a ring, it really helps if you can get a few quotes from your original renewal and then contact the two companies we use through the MSC.

thanks
Kev

The only problem is that I regularly drive other peoples cars and quinn are pretty much the only insurance company that insures you to drive other cars with the owners permission. I may phone them though to try and knock quinn down ;)

so does your policy include driving other peoples cars? as i really want this on my insurance as im turning 19 on monday and need to renew my insurance so will have 2 years no claims same as you?

Adam

so does your policy include driving other peoples cars? as i really want this on my insurance as im turning 19 on monday and need to renew my insurance so will have 2 years no claims same as you?

Adam

yep i can drive other peoples cars, its so useful.

i was under the impression that noone did it untill yuou was over the age of 21?

May have to give quinn a ring on tuesday try and get a decent quote

A bit off topic, but im 17 and my insurance is about 930 (on dads policy & doesnt go up when i pass)
Do i have to declare EVERYTHING if i change anything? (even if it's as little as painting bits & bobs?)
If so what are everone's experiences with what they've done and how much it increased?
Im with direct line if that makes a difference :)

well quinn do! I have checked and double checked I can drive other peoples cars with there permission third party. no age restriction and I can't actually find any engine size restriction either. Only restrictions are no vans, pickups or jeeps.

sounds good to me! as i have to drive company cars on the road for my job (for less than half a mile) aparetly the company has insured all the staff to drive the cars but i want it on my insurance for a bit of extra protection, pluss il get to drive my mates cars legaly :)

yeh will be usefull as im oftern up and down the country with my mate jim in his primera egt watching my dad race, but as im not insured on his car he has to do all the driving so it would be good to give him a rest!

another good thing about quinn is that named drivers add no extra cost, so you could literally add your whole family which is handy as i have my girlfriend on mine, just incase.

my dad owns a garage so hes got trade insurance which basicly allows him to drive any vehicle with or without the owners permision within a value of up to half a million or somethin stuid like that, and hes put my mum on that, and my gf refuses to drive my car as its too "loud" and has stupid seats lol. but yeh it would be a bonus!!

by emergencies do you meen going to the pub with her and getting steaming then telling her shes driving :laugh: :p

nah i barely ever drink. I'd rather drive tbh, i'd have to be very drunk to not mind being driven by my girlfriend lol :p

haha have you got a number for your insurer? as ive just done a quote and i think she got it all wrong as it was £2600 with 2yrs ncb at the aage of 19 :S its only £700 with more than surely that cant be right?

i did quotes online for them and phoned them up twice and everytime they said 2800, oh well ive renewed with morethan for £601 so its not tooo bad just would have liked the drive any car thing!

Back