Someone scrapes my car - and its MY fault?!

Got back to uni campus from work yesterday (I park on campus as it's cheap and get the train to work) to find someone had left a note on my car, telling me that I was 'illegally' parked and people could not get round me. I thought this was odd as there is always a car parked where I was and you literally could have driven a bus through the gaps I had left. As it was cold and dark I jumped in my car, albeit a bit annoyed, and drove home. Woke up this morning to find that someone has scraped my rear bumper leaving some pretty severe scratches. I assume it is the same person who left me the note! So the fact that they can't park without hitting other people is my fault?! I wish I could meet this person and give them a bit of a talking to :mad:

Yes i hate people who blame their inability to drive on other peoples parking and suchlike, one example was when i saw someone reverse a tractor into a car, he had loads of room to get round and it was broad daylight, apparantly it wasn't his fault because no one told him the car was there! 0o

Feel sorry for you mate, that's pretty crap. Got any photos?

There's so many bad drivers out there who think they're in the right all the time, and always question you when they've done something wrong!

Soz to hear about your car...it seems to be happening quite alot around these parts too.

I think some of the problems stem from people passing their test in the smallest car on the planet, then driving around in a 4x4....makes me laugh!

Thing is that when i laugh at their cock-ups they don't like it but i usually reply that's it better than the telly and i could watch all day!!! :laugh:

(I'm no perfect driver btw)

OK, I'm getting worried now - lunchtime today, same car park. Watched a girl slowly reverse into a pretty tight space that had a tree to one side of it. Watched as she slowly but surely became stuck in said space. Only way out? To scrape the side of her 56-reg, black VW Polo all the way along the tree. Maybe I should start parking somewhere else!

Perhaps parking should be a greater feature in the driving test, it amazes me the amount of people who can't manoever into/out of a car park space properly.

most cars come with Power steering as standard, so whats the problem with these people? fwn.... probably the same people who can't choose which seat to sit down on in a 50,000 seat stadium when it's empty....

Well you usually have to demonstrate parking on test so you SHOULD be able to do it, i love to show off with my mate where we both pull along side each other in the car park and then reverse in tandem into spaces side by side. I love little gaems to show off like that.

Back