Some new pics

A little update of what my son and I have been doing to the Micra.

2011-05-17143842.jpg

2011-05-17123754.jpg

2011-05-17123733.jpg

2011-05-17123707.jpg

Looks lovely in black! what paint did you use for the dash as if i remember correctly the left hand side of hazard switch is a really soft plastic?

looks nice, want to spray my dash too, but knowing me it would not go back together properly (or it would with a hammer involved)
do you have a front fog switch without having front fogs???

looks nice, want to spray my dash too, but knowing me it would not go back together properly (or it would with a hammer involved)
do you have a front fog switch without having front fogs???
the switch on the center console is for rear fog light :p

Yeah the black really updates the interior. I used black Halfords vinyl spray paint for all the main dash and door cards and regular car acrylic spray for the centre panel. It's been on for a couple of weeks and seems to be standing up to use, though we've been pretty careful during the early days.
I cleaned all the parts using panel wipe, removed the door cards, stripped the centre panel, gearlever surrounds, steering column shrouds and dash pod and removed the steering wheel. The main dash was left in place

Masked up the bottom of the windscreen and around the pillars/doors and I removed the pillar trims.

No keying of the surfaces is required, it would only leave fine marks and nothing is smooth n shiny anyway.

Next step is to find some aerosol fabric paint for the fabric sections of the door cards. Oh and some decent quality black seat covers.

The best bit of advice I can give though, is to build up the coats very lightly, the first coat shold be a very light dusting to start the process. I did the main dash first and probably layed the top coat on too heavy so it's a little too shiny. The door cards and gearlever surround and boot, I built up much lighter coats and the finish is more of a satin.

The fog switch works for the rear, dunno if that's unusual, but it was how it was when we bought it.

My lads first car had to be a Nissan.

Good stuff (Y). I'm down near St Helens but I know Blackburn, very picturesque with all those stone terraced houses :).

Ooo love the stagea I'm after one as a replacement to my skyline to take the dogs out!! When I get the cash!
Nice Micra btw ;)

Ooo love the stagea I'm after one as a replacement to my skyline to take the dogs out!! When I get the cash!
Nice Micra btw ;)

Cheers. Yep the Stagea is my idea of practical, but still keeping my Skyline roots lol. I still love the Micra too though. Great fun to drive and I'm enjoying messing with it. Can't do too much with the micra because of insurance implications, hence the mainly cosmetic stuff.

Here's one of my Stagea.

211020101038.jpg

Cheers. Yep the Stagea is my idea of practical, but still keeping my Skyline roots lol. I still love the Micra too though. Great fun to drive and I'm enjoying messing with it. Can't do too much with the micra because of insurance implications, hence the mainly cosmetic stuff.

Here's one of my Stagea.

211020101038.jpg

Love it r34 front swap too, those genuine r34 wheel cost a bomb! Forged magnesium near a grand a set more with good tyres

Back