Need some advice on a new car

Hi Guy's
Just wondering if this is a good deal or not.
I have been offerd a 2001 Micra Activ 1.4 in Black for £750.

It has the bigger engine which I need here in hilly sheffield as I live at one of the highest points and the 1.0 is under powerd even for my 60 y/o mother lol.
It has the full spec, alloys, remote locking, air con, lecy windows and a rear spoiler.

It has been a Cat C write off, it has been VIC tested but didnt need repairing as it's only the front bumper that got cracked!

It has a couple of issues, the engine light is on, but it runs/starts/drives fine.
The front cross member is a bit crusty from what I can see, but that is the only rust.
The accelerator seems to be lacking travel, as if it has no spring.

Has MOT until March and Tax until June.

So what im wondering, is it worth it?
Will post pics in the next hour when I find them.

Ta
Joe

This is the car:
SP_A0386-1.jpg

You can see the total of the damage!

i would have to question why the insurance company has written it off for merely a crack in the bumper joe fwn

Yeah I dont get why it was a cat C, had a look around and there isnt any other damage!
Aitbags didnt delpoy, it just could do with a new bumper to make it right. Also the cross member worrys me, I reckon it's going to need replacing/welding in the next year or so.
It's a guy at work selling it, he gets lots of cat c cars that he doesnt even bother repairing, just VIC tests and punts on for small profit.

well the price aint bad eh, but cat c cars will never be book value (for instance insurance will only payout 30% of book if you ever write it off iirc) and there,s probably some damage behind the bumper

i dont see why not get it repaired on the cheap and keep it going.... it may be cat c for its age or whatever.... as they'll write cars off for nothing these days

Hmm, will see what the boss says. Not to botherd about re-sale as it will be kept for long enough for it to not be a problem.
Misses can have it when im ready to get another car.

Back