Some 5 yrs on

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
Yeah I still have Charlotte Yom, I got it from LittleBear about 2007 I think?

I'm doing the best I can to look after it, but I do heaps and heaps of travel with work, so unfortunately it is parked out front of my parents for up to 6 or 8 weeks at a time and a small branch left a 10cm wide by 2 cm deep dent in the bonnet :( It's hit that age too where everything is being or needing replacement.

The last 18months has seen new brake pads up front as well as all discs machined, had the aircon re-gassed, new rear drop-links, the front right strut top was rebuilt, and now the left needs doing (wont ever go to Pedders again, they screwed me over so much). It has had a new distributor, new throttle body, just replaced all front suspension bushes because the power steering was leaking and had damaged those. I fixed the issue with the power steering, now the water pump is leaking and has stuffed the fan and aircon belts. I swapped out the battery from under the passenger seat and put a new on in the original place.

But I still keep it washed and polished regularly, and change the fluid and filters :)

She's in good hands.

lol

CMF_Yom2

» CMF Member
Poor thing!

Such is the nature of cars though. The moment you don't drive them every day is when they start to deteriorate and cost you money.

Awesome that she lives though. Don't know why that car is so awesome....

CMF_Lodo75

» CMF Member
Haha, this is true car love! Hard to explain to someone that isn’t a real petrol head. Try to explain why u miss your old Nissan micra… the old ladies mobile… still love mine, and whont sell it for a long time.. and if the day comes i can afford a bigger car, it goes in storage! always something special about your first car!

Nice plates btw ;p

Back