SOLD: K11 Micra with 140,000miles

J

JamieGti

I got £600 for it! :laugh:
I'm really proud of myself. It was a stunning example.
It was that bottle green colour too!

Anyone know of any k11's with a higher milage?

Btw, I deserve a bloody medal for getting it to 140k miles and still managing to sell it for £600! What do you think?

-Jamie

Seems like a good price for that milage! however if looked after there's no reason why it shouldnt last even longer

I think it will providing the guys daughter he bought it for looks after it as good as I have. (which I really doubt - not being sexist, i just really looked after that car!)
I bought an older K11 that I'm much more happy with, no power steering and in my opinion is much better looking.

Well, £650 with 37k is a bargain! I bet you've got your money's worth, Demarest!

Well, that's me pleased with myself! I can go buy some toys for my new/older K11! :)

-Jamie

wilsonian said:
my missus car has 100k on the clock and IMHO it's the best kept high miler i've seen
Sounds like a challange! :p
They go strong if looked after properly, the only niggle i had was a rotor arm and dizzy cap!
Great little runner!

sittin at 72,800 at the mo still no issues with the engine there built strong tho so as long as i take care of it it will do another 72k

Panjabi said:
My sis had one which was touching on 125,000 and she sold it for £550
So I still hold the record? :laugh:
Well, that was awfully close!

-Jamie

JayY said:
hit 100k a couple of weeks ago
It makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside doesn't it?
I don't know about you guys but i stopped to take a picture of it :p

-Jamie

Well, I won my Super S on an eBay auction last July and it had just over 140K when I did. Something of an under statement to say I took a gamble but I really liked the look of the car and, being a Super, it had all the bells and whistles. The seller told me there where over 40 people watching the bidding but there were only a few actually bidding. Scared off I suppose because of the high mileage. Despite spirited last minute bidding by one determined individual, my maximum bid held and I won the auction with a final bid of around £550.

I've had to tweek the car a little since I bought it and a couple of weeks ago had a new clutch put in at 141,800 miles. It's a great little car. The 1.3 gives it sufficient poke for my needs and the handling is still sharp and responsive around town. Four wheel discs and ABS keep me out of trouble if I get too froggy with it. And, the fuel consumption aint bad either.

What's not to like about a Micra?

S

Soixantaine said:
What's not to like about a Micra?
The electrics and the possitioning of the fuse box for the headlamps?
Oh, and the way it rattles at 70... It's handling on adverse cambers?

Haha, I'm kidding... they are good cars I just don't like some of these quirks. What car doesn't have them though?

That's some high milage! What are you on now?

-Jamie

Mileage is 141,869 now. I don't drive it that much, only about 1800 miles since I bought it last year. Most trips are five or six miles except for JAE this year. It spent most of last winter in the garage.

Sure it has its faults: squeaks, rattles and rust to name a few. But, as you say, what car doesn't?

I try and do most of the work on the car myself. Haynes and me, that is. Owning an old car (one without a warranty!) is only cost effective if you do.
I'm upgrading the audio (with help from the boffins on this site) a little now and I've got a matched set of Mintex discs and pads and a set of Goodridge hoses that I'll install in a month or so.

I'll keep the car for a few more years and then probably sell it. I'll never get what I'll have put in it by but, then, you never, ever, do (something to bear in mind). Someone will get a nice little car when I do.

S

Attachments

• IMG_0176 (Medium) (2).JPG
    IMG_0176 (Medium) (2).JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 183
That's a lovely car and I like the wheels. It's hard to get a compliment from me too! :p
I like it! Nice set of coilovers and it'll be all set for handling then? :)
Keep it posted, we like to hear progress here on the MSC! :)

-Jamie

Thanks. Really gave the wheels a lot of thought before I bought them. Not much choice in 14" but thought the chunky look of the AEZs complimented the boxey look of the car. They look a little like RUVs don't they? Hmm, perhaps a nice set of roof racks.

I might put lowering springs and shorter shocks on it next year but doubt I'll go with coil-overs. Too expensive. What with the wheels and tyres costing almost as much as the car did, and also the audio up-grades, etc., I'm looking at around £1000 over and above the cost of the car. Not as much as some invest but enough for me.

I don't mean to preach but you've got to be realistic about investing time and money (unless you've got deep pockets) in any kind of car. Especially one over 13 years old. The mounting sum of the receipts can eventually over-ride the fun of owning it.

'Nuff said about that.

When I get around to doing the brakes I'll do a "how to" with photos, etc. Might be of some use to anyone thinking of tackling the job themselves.

Cheers,

S

Back