so what happened to all the cheap micra!

They've always been a bit weird in terms of pricing. My first Micra was £200 which needed welding and my SR was £400 with basically no work needed - but I had to shop around for a few months trying to find these.

Seems like little old grannys or middle aged women will sell them relatively cheap, but if you go to a dealer or on eBay they're a hell of a lot of money. I think it's mostly down to the demand of small, cheap, reliable motors these days.

My 1986 K10 cost 100€, no faults except needing new valveseals, and its got zero rust and never been welded, that was important for me case imho, a chassis in neee of welding is beyond saving.

Posted on my device_name using the MSC Mobile App

My K10 LS was £200 in 2005
K11 "Shape" £500 in 2006
K12 "Sport+" £4,400...plus my K11 in 2009

I've seen an LS (K10) recently go for £900
and a K11, not disimilar to the shape edition go for £1100

'tis a bit daft...but the bargains are out there...somewhere LOL

Like Harlen said...as long as the demand is there...it keeps the price up :rolleyes:

People are realising what a cracking little motors these are. The dealers are jumping on the bandwagon as usual, find an old biddy, give her rock bottom, wack on the forecourt with a hefty wedge added.
Mine on E bay was £720 for a 52 plate and 45K on the clock.
My missus was £1,300 W plate auto with 45 on the clock as well, both bargains IMO. Mine is a bit beat up though, just as well for me.
Mechanically I look after it like baby, clean it mmmmm once in 12 mnths - maybe twice, rather drive it - they're addictive. Even more so than my jags used to be -crazy!!!!!
Just insured it today - £131 for the year, bit on the high side I thought.

I just did a quote on a 97 for me n miss with suspention mods and exhaust 870ish a year which is a good price I think I'm paying 1900 for my ibiza gti 2l hitch I thinks high!

I just did a quote on a 97 for me n miss with suspention mods and exhaust 870ish a year which is a good price I think I'm paying 1900 for my ibiza gti 2l hitch I thinks high!
I got a quote on the very same car and my insurance goes up from £161 a month to £202 :s car my old car is a 2011 fiesta :S Insurance companies make no sense!

Karl j.. Was u by any chance at South Wales cruise. Meet few weeks ago? I saw a micra ther that had same wheels same colour etc as your Charlie... Number plate was different in the pic I got :/

think i paid £360 for Rocky last year... but then had Noddie do a shedload of welding to it... and then had some more welding done earlier this year... mechanically, its been A1, body is not so great...

Back