what do I need to turbo my micra

CMF_TurtleMan

» CMF Member
I've never turbo a car before and an just looking at what I'll need to run a low boost setup. So I can price it up and figure out how much work there is. Please correct anything I'm wrong about.

First is a turbo duh, I was thinking ca18/rb26 as they are the t3?

Next the manifold. Should I j pipe or I know a good fabricator (solid engineering) and just make a whole New manifold.

Turbo lines. I know the oil drain goes into the sump, so do I get the feed from the rocker cover? And I'm not sure about the water lines.

Fuel. If I only run 5/6psi can I get away with stock injectors/ROM and just run a bigger fuel pump and fuel presser reg without detonation.

And last would be intercooler and piping and that looks easy.

CMF_boingk

» CMF Member
Hi mate I'm selling a TD04 turbo kit, complete except for the exhaust manifold. Check the Classified section for more info, theres a picture in the add. Turbo, intercooler, piping, joiners, blowoff valve, lines, boost gauge, clamps... all there.

I'm selling it cheap because I'm moving house and need to get rid of a lot of car-related stuff... I've got way too much at the moment.

Cheers - boingk

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Rebelsan WROTE:

"If I only run 5/6psi can I get away with stock injectors/ROM and just run a bigger fuel pump and fuel presser reg without detonation.quote]

Make a choice on an EMS before doing anything else, it will fail without it. Easiest option would be Nistune due to it working well with the OEM systems but choice very much depends on tuner ability and availability and overall support. No sense in choosing an EMS option if there's no one around for miles who can tune it.

As Kovert said, bin the standard injectors they wont even give you 100bhp on a turbo setup.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member

Attachments

• 89178.jpg
    89178.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 36

CMF_TurtleMan

» CMF Member
Cheers guy's. That phantom charger is interesting.

Spoken to a couple off people aswell and, I'm going to need injectors as apparently mine are tiny and a computer, fuel pump as mentioned. Then mine car still has factory brakes/tire size. So for safety there's that too.

Looking at it I think just keeping it na and spending my money on a decent full exhaust, intake and tune? (can you flash tune these) would be the best bang for buck.

Back