Smoothing

Hi,

JUst a quick question im looking at starting to modify my micra, i want to start by smoothing out the body work, how can i do this, bearing in mind i have never done anything like this ever.

Thanks

Tasha xXx

What sort of smoothing do you mean? if you mean smoothed rear boot, it's not an easy task i'm afraid.

However something like removing the black bumpstrips down the sides isn't too hard, you just have to be careful when removing them that you don't scratch the paint, and the car will probably need T-Cutting to match the paint behind the bumpstrips as it will probably be brighter.

James.

Thanks James, i do mean boot as well, debadging the bonnet and boot, and either spraying bumper strips and taking the sides strip things of,

are the side strips just glueded on?

My Bf dad is a sprayer so spraying stuff shudnt be a problem.

xXx

Yeah the side strips are glued on, a mod that I think looks quite nice is the front grille de-slatted:

cimg2057tk9.jpg

cimg1753yd6.jpg

Edit: Except I just realised you have a facelift K11 so can't quite do that, forget I said anything! :blush:

isnt the twister a facelift lol? anywho the nissan badge on the bonnet has holes behind it, you need to buy some filler and fill them in....the back is the same, you could just swap boot handles with a pre-facelift k11 (smooth handles without the badge on) smoothing the boot would mean you need to weld a plate were the number plate indent is and fillering over it (bastid of a job and cost a bit if you get a bodyshop to do it) its basiclly the same for all metal panels, weld in a plate and soomth over it... once thats all done it all needs painting!

the 5 easy steps to get a smooth car

1. find what you want smoothed

2. take car to bodyshop to get price

3. book car into bodyshop

4. pick up car from bodyshop all smooth

5. stand back and say smooooooth then pm me and say cheers fraz :)

simple as that lol

Oh my gosh, how much work, i wouldnt now how to start all that, i now i wonna get it lowered, colour coded door handles and wing mirrors and rear tinted windows, iv got my dads mate doing the windows and bf dad doing spraying, but i wanted to try and smooth some of the car out my self, so is the easiest thing for me to do is take side strips of with out scratching it?

Is there a special technique for taking the side strips of?

xXx

credit card under the plastic strips, very slowly cut through the glue with the card and they should come off whatever you do dont rip them off as the paint may come off with it...take it steady but not too slow ;) after there maybe some glue still stuck to the car just keep scratching it off with your nails or get some t-cut an rub like hell. should come off but not in a hurry just take your time. very easy job to do, same with taking badges off i.e the micra one on the boot and the twister one.

just springs, if its more than 35mm tho you need a panhard rod as it sends the rear axle on the p**s if i was you id go for 35mm easy to get hold of.

credit card under the plastic strips, very slowly cut through the glue with the card and they should come off whatever you do dont rip them off as the paint may come off with it...take it steady but not too slow ;) after there maybe some glue still stuck to the car just keep scratching it off with your nails or get some t-cut an rub like hell. should come off but not in a hurry just take your time. very easy job to do, same with taking badges off i.e the micra one on the boot and the twister one.

There is always my way of de-striping:
Get a flat screw-driver and shove it under the stripe near the front, then grab the strip and tear it off.
Then spend 3 days removing glue residue and re spraying the front panel.
lol.

Lol i think il take the advise given

no screw drivers, just my poor credit card,

gonna be busy this weekend then.yippyo_O

thanks
Tasha xXx

I took mine off without heating them up first. It's fairly easy if you have patience. Gently prise it off at one end, credit card to hand, working your way down. Don't 'rip' it off as you'll damage the paintwork. It's only super duper strong double sided tape stuff, you know the foamy kind. And then, stickly stuff left at the end can be rubbed off quite easily. :)

not realy. i work there. and its rubish, works well on selotape residue, but the stuff they put the side strips on with is like rubber concrete

Back