smooth tailgate

k11_998

Ex. Club Member
i am looking at getting a boot lid from a scrappy at the end of the month, to replace mine while i smooth it, obviously i dont wanna have a boot lib lying around so, when i'm done with it i will probably smooth and prime it, any body likely to want it, i'm not bothered about money, so it will probably only be for what i paid.

u might as well wait till its all done then offer it round - you can fetch some good money for em, however, i must stress that swapping a boot as appose to having your own done and left on isnt the same

jus sussed your on about giving the normal boot away - with you now - just ignore me

sorry big ben should have explained better, i am going to strip the boot to bare metal and then smooth from there as it is in a bit of a state, and i want the second boot so i can still drive the car.
i will probably have both boots sorted some time next month, i will let you know how it is going princess, are you saying that you would like to use the second boot while you have yours smoothed, or do you want me to sell you it smoothed,

she wants u to sell her a normal boot so she can smooth it i think but in my opinion it would be way easier and better just to smooth it still on the car, as far as im aware in basic steps, its - weld a plate in, blend that in a bit, poly it in and smooth boot off, prime, paint, laquer

If you know what your doing you should just do the boot whilst still on the car, not bother getting a second boot

my personal opinion, get it done pro - it doesnt cost too much and its worth it being able to keep your own boot on

im taking it off cos its not exactly in the best state, and it would be easier to, if i sell the second boot smoothed i will arrange a price then but it wont be to much, it all depends on my sprayer, and how difficult it is to bend the plate to the right shape,

dont worry ben it will be a good job, i have a mate who restores classics, hes an unbelievable perfectionist, and knows his stuff, both boots will look perfect.

if i sell it smoothed i would probably leave it in primer, but i could be persuaded to paint it if the customer wants, but obviously that would cost more

i will let people know as soon as i have got anything sorted, i will also post some pictures of my boot when it is finally done.
as for the price of a smoothed boot that all depends on my mate, and how much of a pain it is to get the curve of the boot right

Back