Slide To The Left, Slide To The Right....

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Exactly as the title says, many of you all know (well the ones that have managed to pull themselves away from NFS:shift and actually take themselves outside to their beloved micras) we here in blighty have been having our "usual" weather which means fun for some,

anyways to the point of sliding, going round round abouts and corners the steering wheel travels much further round than usual in the wet and i can feel the wheels juddering across the poorly maintained council road surface as if the wheels are sideways due to lack of grip.

is there a solution to this as im not even driving fast around corners and it just feels like an ice rink fwn
is it the tyres, the width of the wheels, both? suspension?
hopefully won't be too long untill i replace the above but just wanted to know in advance so i know its not just me replicating "drift"

cheers guys,

shaun

Solution is toyo proxes! :D

cheap part worns or chineese tyres will get you in a hedge in winter no bother. you can get proxes for £150 (195/45/15), or if its still steelies you got just look in to good tyres.

Solution is toyo proxes! :D

cheap part worns or chineese tyres will get you in a hedge in winter no bother. you can get proxes for £150 (195/45/15), or if its still steelies you got just look in to good tyres.

Ah Ok So Its the Cheapy Firestone Tyres Fault :p
any brands that are good for the weather then?

A actually found on the ST that the Toyo Proxis were plain scary in the wet.

You need to look for decent winter tyres on whatever size rims you have.

really?? i think there very good in the wet. i needed to really try hard to get them to understeer, and ther good at stopping aquaplanin when those winter puddles appear from nowhere.

Id say get some toyos imo, or look at yokohama. there good too.

i got 4 cheap nankangs on mine, good in the wet at normal driving to the weather conditions, wouldnt use them on a track though, about 26 quid a corner, good for the grip you get, although i dont tend to wrap mine into corners as said above

well with any luck ill have 14" rims over the weekend (Y) so well see what tyres i can afford

i wouldn't spend money on tires untill you get the front end sorted, could need an alignment, front shocks, or both.

well they have loads of legal tread anyhow just waiting for money to roll in so i can sort out some MPH shocks (Y)

Back