single wiper mod

well Squarepants on here did it and then i had ago! all it consisted of was removing the drivers side wiper arm. then un-do the bolt on the passenger arm and rotate the wiper so that its abit higher up!! if you make it vetical it will hit the window seal and not work. thw image shows where it was perfect on mine! but i only had it like that a couple of days!

then it looks like this!

Attachments

• DSC00741.JPG
    DSC00741.JPG
    271.5 KB · Views: 390
if you mean single front wiper then dont, everyone who's tried it has put it back to two wipers again, it doesn't look right on a Micra.

You just have to have the wiper working on full speed for it to be as effective as two on regular, unless you can get the motor from a Ax or something.

Please do not use txt speak, cheers :)

You can modify the motor to get a wider sweep, you can then get a longer arm and more of the window is covered.

i wanted to do it for looks reli, obliviously i still need it to work correctly so i will have to mess with the motor if i decide to keep single wiper

does it cover the window enough with out havin to swap the arm or mess with motor ?

ummm...it was ok!! i could see clearly over the drivers side. it still had a section below and same with the passanger side.....well every inch of screen below where the wiper is sitting in the pic didnt get touched by the blade!! and same opposite!.....so it made a "V" shape wipe in the center! rather than the normal "L" shape where it clears all the sreen!

2mins to setup.........5mins to try it and stare at it thinking "does it look good"........2mins refitting it back! so thats 9minutes..........lol!!! :p
see how you get on!

2004_micra: i am unsure! i wouldnt see why not if im honest but i could be wrong! im sure the k12 wiper arms would be secured the same as the k11 (but may be wrong).........then just move the arm further up, and then tighten!!!! ummm......give it go!!!

thanks very much, aint got them alloys on anymore downsized as the arches were scrubbing at the back. Am liking what you are doing with yours yoo, hope it goes well

Thanks! its getting there!
ahh.....shame bout the alloys!!
how come your after a single wiper mod if dont mind me asking?
also what size wiper blades are on the k12? 20"? 18"?

i really like the look of them, and i think it would look unique on my car as i have never seen a k12 with that done, and i think they are 18's

yeah ive never seen a k12 with that mod! well good luck tomorrow! just remove the drivers arm completely! undo the passanger arm and move slight upwards! tighten and then try it out! you may need to move it about again to get exact wiper motion but should be alright!

napster

i am putting together a proper single wiper convertion for the k11, but i don't know if there is that much demand, especially as these could be about £150 for the full kit. but they should be almost 100% effective,

If you get the standard mechanism there is a bar with a bend in it, if you straighten it out a bit the arm will sweep further. Worth a try for anyone with a spare wiper mechanism.

Just to make it a bit clearer here is a linkage arm off a 350z. I have circled the bend that needs straightening. You will also need a straight wiper arm (the bit the wiper attaches to)
1a25_1.jpg

If you get the standard mechanism there is a bar with a bend in it, if you straighten it out a bit the arm will sweep further. Worth a try for anyone with a spare wiper mechanism.

Just to make it a bit clearer here is a linkage arm off a 350z. I have circled the bend that needs straightening. You will also need a straight wiper arm (the bit the wiper attaches to)
1a25_1.jpg

there is no bent bit on the k11 setup, its a straight rod,

to make it sweep further you have to change the cam size, adjusting the con rod lenght will change where on the screen the sweep area will be.

2004_Micra: anyluck if you dont mind me asking bud?

Nex:
i think i know how your going about this mate....hehe

hehe oh really? cos i am going ALL out! even using some Swedish micra parts to make this happen, some carbon fibre parts in there too :D

why you want one? lol

thanks for the offer but no thank you mate!
well maybe your getting abit carried away.....carbon fibre lol!!!
im sure this isnt gonig on your rallye car as..... you'll require 2blades...hehe??

British parts not good enough for you lol :p

thanks for the offer but no thank you mate!
well maybe your getting abit carried away.....carbon fibre lol!!!
im sure this isnt gonig on your rallye car as..... you'll require 2blades...hehe??

British parts not good enough for you lol :p

well you will have to see when its all done, but it should be like it came from the factory like that.

i am sparing no expense when it comes to the rally car and this is no exception. and yes it is going on the rally car because i am trying to cut as much weight as possible. i have soo much carbon fibre for the car already.

well the k11 one should look alot better because it will sit practically flat

Back