'Rear wiper mod'

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hi guys

I wanna do the rear wiper mod that most K11 guys do, but on my Glanza. Is it quite an easy thing? I imagine whatever you do for the K11 applies to the Glanza as well

Any help appreciated :)

Cheers
Alan

Where the wiper sits horizontally instead of vertically lol. I'll have a look for Nex's guide :)

mate if you want any help let me know. i will have a go at it for free if you send me a wiper motor

i am almost 100% i could make it happen :)

Legend :D

When are you back over here? Might prove costly to post one over there!

Legend :D

When are you back over here? Might prove costly to post one over there!

:)

not over any time soon matey i don't have the cash, but if you have the motor out already you could have a look and see what postage might cost? or maybe you could take some photos and i could talk you through how i think it could be done

Ok mate cheers, i think i removed one from Glanza 1 so i'll try find it and be in touch :) Cheers for your help

de-wiper it :) glanza's look better de-wiperd if you have a duck tail spoiler on. IMO it looks cleaner. looks to much on rear end if you have a ducktail and wiper.

dan

only thing about the wiper when its down is that on a freezing morning the heated rear glass doesnt unfreeze it and that broke my motor. well thats what im blaming it on

I do have a ducktail to be fitted. I always find wipers handy even if it does look better without them so i probably won't remove it completely :)

I do have a ducktail to be fitted. I always find wipers handy even if it does look better without them so i probably won't remove it completely :)

my compromise for that is to find one of those smooth low profile wipers with a flat blade then its not so obvious

I'll keep an eye out mate. Not sure what you're on about so i'll search the web :)

I altered the park position on my Almera's rear wiper,if the Glanza uses the same wiper motor it should be the same
1.Remove the wiper arm and the retaining nut
2.Disconnect the wiring plug
3.Remove the cover plate on the wiper motor which should reveal the internal linkage and the gear wheel
4.Pull up and remove the internal link bar turn the gear wheel 180 degrees and fit the link bar into the other hole in the gear wheel
5.Refit all the parts in reverse order.

Hope this helps but there maybe a better description of how to do it on the Almera Owners website.

Back