• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Silver sally

Here it is, the blog for my first car.

Her name is sally and she is a 2002 1.0 micra s.

I found her in a driveway where she had been sitting for over a year without a cover, left out to suffer the weather and for the whole time she had been sitting without a battery. Now at this stage I'm thinking no way am I buying this. But to my luck the owner said I have a battery here if you want to try it. Why not ill give it the benefit of the doubt and try turn her over and well she started right up!!!
A good bit of smoke at first but when she cleared herself and I heard the sound of that motor I thought wow this is mine. So I paid the owner and took her home here she is now :)

Pics

1391822491284.jpg

1391822537097.jpg

1391822563291.jpg

any body or interior damage?

Thanks mate. :D

The footwells under the seats are rotten. But I'm getting them replaced this week. As for the body there's a few scratches on the rear arches and some paint chipping. Nothing that can be fixed with a bit of Polly filler and a fresh coat of paint won't fix.

Get pics up later when I get onto the pc.

Pics of the rot. Got quoted on a price, Cheep like the budgey :D

Panels are getting cut out, replaced and seam welded.

Pics:

Passenger side
1392504202777.jpg

Drivers side
1392504265236.jpg

But now more importantly getting the New radio into the car so I can listen to something other than silence.

I think after this there won't be much until u get the other motors I have ready for mot.

A hint as to what one of them is :p
1392504712891.jpg

I think at some stage the interior had gotten water damaged and it needed to be drained and whoever did it didn't seal the holes up right :(

Theres a rubber gromit in the floorpan for draining water

your right, there "as a rubber gromit in there but for some reason it had been removed. but anyways got the holes patched up and seam welded. also stripped the bump strips off it and the rear badges. now have the car on blocks and am striping the springs out of the rear to butcher them lol. :p

Pics to follow.

I was reading through some blogs and noticed that i hadn't put my plans for sally up.

So here goes.

Bodywork plans:
Roll out all of the dents and do a full repaint. (same colour)
de-bumpstrip and debadge (done)
reblack the plastic spots.

interior plans:
colour code (matte black and standard)
shagplie the parcel shelf (white and black stripes)
car seat covers (black and white)
hardboard cutout to match the shape of the boot floor (shagpile the top of it)
replace steering wheel (chrome and black)

suspension:
cut springs as a test then altos all round with corsa shocks for the rear.

engine:
engine stripped out and washed aswell as the bay.
rocker cover painted.
air intake kit.
new heat sheild and sensor for the exhaust.
new raidator.
new exhaust (straight through (from cat to tail) )

thats all i can think of at the moment ill update as the work gets done.

My grommit was about 2 fall out it was just hanging on with 1 side but it was 2 late everything in the car is damp and keeps blowing the fuse for the stereo

Pics and small update:

1394741085338.jpg

Bumpstrips removed and now she's off the blocks now with butchered springs lol :D

1394741200591.jpg

And a cheeky daffy sticker. :p

Update: going to strip the engine out and get the bodywork sorted. Then its time for a full repaint. So it may be a while before I post any mods But ill keep snapping shots and showing the progress of sally.

Last edited:
Delay to the engine getting stepped out due to the construction of my new workshop.

But a small update got sound deadening pads and i'll be putting them in tomorrow along with these sexy little things :D

1397064765053.jpg

Yea a few things. I'll post full details later tonight still working on this shead 20 foot by 12 so I can work on it indoors. I've Lots of pics to take of stuff that been done :)

ok so big update:

I've got a full alto setup for the car all with the standard shocks.

I've also got matiz front legs (with a dropped perch) just waiting on a set of rear matiz springs and corsa shocks to fit into the rear.

as for the body i've found more rot that needs to be cut out and welded and i have loads of dents to fill and smooth out. then it's paint time :D

Sorry i cant post cuz i dropped my phone and busted the screen when i was taking photo's of the car :(

shead is fully built and the only thing left to do is sort out the electrics and put the tools in their place.

ill have pics up in the next couple of days :D

Its been a while since I've posted anything.

Update on the car:

Lots has been done

First off the suspension, I'm still running the altos in the rear but I've got the matiz setup in the front with the dropped perch.

Had to free up the front brakes as they'd locked on and wouldn't move got that sorted stripped out the panhard rod ready for a nod speed one. (Had to cut the lower but off)

Sills need welding and bodywork needs finishing up.

Oh and I've also put in a pulsar gtir gear stick.

Pics to follow

ok so massive update, first things first. probably the most awesome thing of it all is whilst i was in the states a friend gave me a set of springs, they were part of a coilover repair kit for an integra. came with seals and all that i was thinking ill get these sold when i get home. but the curiosity was too much i wanted to level out the rear and not have to chop springs. well anyways they fitted and it sits perfectly only thing is... i need PHrod to get them sitting correctly and a set of lowering shocks to keep them captive :D

now as for everything else I have to wait on the sills getting welded before I can do any bodywork and painting. :( so in the mean time Ive been doing other small jobs.

polished the rocker cover, moved the battery tray, stripped out the rear, built some custom door cards out of steel and put sound deadening pads all through out the rear and the floor.

pics:

the springs i got:
IMG_20140908_181003534.jpg

IMG_20140908_181041077.jpg
just a comparison between the matiz legs with a dropped perch and the new springs. of course these are only going in the back as I don't have shocks to fit them to in the front.
IMG_20140908_181047352.jpg

chopped the front grill to make a mesh one.
IMG_20140729_152235106.jpg

battery in it's new place
IMG_20140908_175705451.jpg

rocker cover polished and all the corrosion removed ready for the bloke to pick up to paint it. only back on for photo sake.
IMG_20140908_175731879_HDR.jpg

sound deadening in the back a few small spots to be fill in.
IMG_20140908_175900127_HDR.jpg

in desperate need of a new PH rod... had to cut the onl one out :(
IMG_20140908_180028364.jpg

windows tinted. done a **** job :/
IMG_20140908_180118597.jpg

door cards made out of steel. will be painted the same design as the originals only white and black.
IMG_20140908_180900967.jpg

pic of the original.
IMG_20140908_180910124.jpg

Once the welding is finished I can start to get it built up and get it ready for MOT.

BTW if anyone is planning on slamming their car there's a spare set if anyone wants them. But it'll be a week until I can get them posted.

Last edited:
so, umm, yea, Im back.
First things first. silver sally died of the worst case of rot i have ever seen. while taking the sills off i cam across the b pillar main upright, it had about 6 inches of metal that disintegrated when i gripped it so she gone.

new car
I bought the green snot box and transferred everything over. I drove it around for a month or 2 then got a set of 13" revolites after about another month i couldn't hack the standard seats the way they were so i got a set of sudaru seats off a friend. ooh cumffy. after a while of being bored with the standard 1.0 engine i put in a set of CG13 cams and its stayed the same since. but with my plans from the start was to build something with big power on a reasonably low budjet i thought the time was now. (that was about 3 months ago :oops: )

so anyways plans going forward.

QG18 swap (in progress)
turbo QG18
suspension changes ( 32 way adjustable damping coilovers )
roll cage
bucket seats
flushed floor in the rear
full body repair and respray
bigger wheels

ill do a full update on the QG18 build and how its going tomorow.

my plan is to keep this updated at least on a bi- daily schedule, all going well.

and finally pardon the grammer im dispepsic

Back