should i plasti dip my car?

L.Williams

soundcloud.com/lwilliamsmusic
just saw a video on youtube of plasti dip, it looks sick for £190 instead of spending upto about £1500 on full respray, should i ?

hmm what about deep scratches how easy is it to repair compared to paint and £1500 for a respray sounds canny steep ?

hmm what about deep scratches how easy is it to repair compared to paint and £1500 for a respray sounds canny steep ?

You can get full resprays for cheaper if you do a lot of the prep yourself and are prepared to accept lower quality.

When it comes to price you have to be careful, as it can easily be a case of 'you get what you pay for'. Type of paint is also something to consider. Most paint shops today are using water based basecoat + lacquer, which I personally despise. Sometimes it's necessary but I opt for 2K every time with a solid colour.

As for the plasti dip. I guess it will resemble the matt/satin black theme that seems to have crept onto the scene over the last few years. Probably cool for a while but at least it's removable when you get bored.

Did my daily driver last weekend.
Masked the windows and the rims. Took about 1,5 hour to dip the entire car.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374252359.795196.jpg

New rims are on the way. ;)

Back