Shortened Shocks

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
Any ideas where to get adjustable shortened shocks for the rear of a k11, my k sport rear shocks are dirt. they still leave a 15 inch alloy with 45 tyres 2 inches over the arch

Shortening the shocks will not affect the ride height, neither will adjusting their stiffness/hardness. What you need are shorter springs. I doubt if goa will lower it enough to need shorter shocks. To check Jack the car up on a trolley jack in the middle at the back. Take out the springs (put it on axle stands whilst you do that bit) and lower it down until it stops. Don't let the full weight come off the jack, I think you will find it will go low enough for all your needs. In which case either replace the springs with shorter ones, or get some coil overs and then you can adjust the height. Don't forget the front will need similar treatment.

i have coilovers. spring adjust more than enough but the shock when / damper when fully screwed up its just about right but leaves no travel and therefore could burst the shock cause i was told to leave a inch of travel. Does'nt really matter now cause i stripped the car back to standard

Want to build a house and bought a small tipper for work. And i wanted something i could drive on long runs, coilovers bucks , exhaust system and stripped out left it very loud inside and not nice on a 250 mile drive. So put it back to standard and will keep it like that. If i could of left it modded i would but sure im not too bothered about it really. Car is nice and quite now and lovely on a long run too........

Back