Short Oil Breather Question...

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Basically Today I Put My Oil Breather On The Crankcase After Taking Off The Original Hose But Should I Clip The Unused Part Of The Hose Shut?
See Picture For Lousy Diagram (Y)

Clip.jpg

Cheers Guys

yep as above there should be a small insert filter on the inside so all shoule be well, pic of the filter on ;)

I don't get these? What difference is there to the conventional tube?

well according to what ive read it stops oil fumes going into the airpain and being reburnt again which in turn can damage seals?
please correct me if im wrong :p

the pipe goes into the air pan and through a small cotton filter on the inside, it does not come into direct contact with the inlet manifold

http://www.crankcasefilters.com/

Modern car engines are designed to return the crankcase fumes back into the engine normally via the air intake system and into the inlet manifold. The problem with this is that oily fumes can contaminate the air-fuel mixture causing the car to run poorly. This can also lead to high fuel and oil consumption and smoky exhausts.

I havnt ever read soo much bull#### in my life! The only time you get oil coming out of the hole is if you fill the engine upto the cap with oil, or your piston rings are that shagged that your crankcase is being pressurised.

well according to what ive read it stops oil fumes going into the airpain and being reburnt again which in turn can damage seals?
please correct me if im wrong :p

damage seals? As in the valve stem seals? But as you asked, you are wrong. Never believe a website's information if they are trying to sell you something. Now in a perfect world we want our engines to be constantly fed with cold air, so removing this pipe stops warm air thats been circulating around the engine entering but the ammount is that small you wont notice the difference.

The only reason you put a filter on there is when you put a performance airfilter on so you havnt got the original air pan to connect the pipe to.

http://www.crankcasefilters.com/

I havnt ever read soo much bull#### in my life! The only time you get oil coming out of the hole is if you fill the engine upto the cap with oil, or your piston rings are that shagged that your crankcase is being pressurised.

damage seals? As in the valve stem seals? But as you asked, you are wrong. Never believe a website's information if they are trying to sell you something. Now in a perfect world we want our engines to be constantly fed with cold air, so removing this pipe stops warm air thats been circulating around the engine entering but the ammount is that small you wont notice the difference.

The only reason you put a filter on there is when you put a performance airfilter on so you havnt got the original air pan to connect the pipe to.

Thanks For The Info! (Y)
also i did this months ago with a free filter that just needed a clean havent noticed any problems so she can stay! :p
also was planning on removing my egr this year!

Back