Shock at quote from my Micra 1.3 SR to a Sunny 1.4 LXi

0pen2see

2 years ago I sold my loyal 3 door Nissan Sunny 1.4 LXi for £450 because my insurance classed it as group 8 & it had 146k on the clock. But even with the high milage it was running sweet as a nut.

I have since become a loyal Micra owner, because the engineering reliablity is roughly the same & my insurance went down considerably at the time.

Recently I noticed my old faithful still driving around. I dare not think how high the milage is now as it's used to deliver currys. I remembered it was much more nippy & fuel efficient than any 1.3 Micra I have since owned. So I decided to make inquiries how much extra I would have to pay to get another 1.4 LXi Sunny on the road & to my amazement I would only have to pay an extra £50.

£50! extra for a car with 88 BHP :wow:

untitled4.jpg

But you don't want to do that coz you'll upset the micra!!! :p

Add on top though that you peobably have extra years experience and no claims, and your older. Have u moved to a diff area?, this makes a big diff too!! As well as the fact the Sunny will be classed as old and not worth much!

The Sunny was a 1.4 injection not a bog standard 1.4 & thinking about the MPG, if I remeber rightly petrol was about 20p cheaper 2 years ago. That might explain why I felt it went further on £10 of fuel. I always work out how far my cars go on £10 of fuel. If a car does 100 miles for £10 of fuel the way I drive it's a keeper.

Petrol is a major rip off these days. :glare:

Back