Power front windows with auto function
Tachometer
JDM original cup holders
Multi stacking CD and tape player
Original rear sat cover in tan
Here's some pics I hope
DSC_0044_zpsa78069d8.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers bud, think it shows all of my pictures, cars dogs the lot ! nothing incriminating though PHEW !!!! LOL
New laptop, just learning how to use it. Sorry all.

I can't get the link to load :(

Sounds great though :)
I didn't realise there were that Many optional extras :) xxx

Only problem at the moment - she's off the road ! battery not charging, or knacked battery, some investigation to do.
Battery on charge as I post, I'll have a look tomorrow now........gonna have a cup of tea
I think there's a picture on the thread of her under her new cover, bloody good, completely waterproof, £43 amazon on next day delivery

Here's some more hopefully
DSC_0042_zps2ffb40ca.jpg

DSC_0043_zps8b70984e.jpg

DSC_0045_zps58e9e605.jpg

The red button at the top off the indicator locks the gear lever in place for anti theft, you can only release the gear lever by using a certain sequence of actions.
DSC_0046_zpse217aa6b.jpg

DSC_0047_zps30dc78fd.jpg

DSC_0048_zps9f0b5880.jpg

DSC_0049_zps3871a3a2.jpg

DSC_0054_zpsac6755a8.jpg

DSC_0053_zps62c9ff7d.jpg

f7b551c9-3803-4011-affe-c01288a69e7b_zps378bf835.jpg

There's a few for ya'll I love the key, says march on the other side !

Here's some more hopefully
DSC_0042_zps2ffb40ca.jpg

DSC_0043_zps8b70984e.jpg

DSC_0045_zps58e9e605.jpg

The red button at the top off the indicator locks the gear lever in place for anti theft, you can only release the gear lever by using a certain sequence of actions.
DSC_0046_zpse217aa6b.jpg

DSC_0047_zps30dc78fd.jpg

DSC_0048_zps9f0b5880.jpg

DSC_0049_zps3871a3a2.jpg

DSC_0054_zpsac6755a8.jpg

DSC_0053_zps62c9ff7d.jpg

f7b551c9-3803-4011-affe-c01288a69e7b_zps378bf835.jpg

There's a few for ya'll I love the key, says march on the other side !

A loose fitting car cover can flap around 24 seven in the wind. This causes continuous micro abrasion of the paint surface by the constant moving rubbing/flapping action of the cover, resulting in discolouration of the paint finish. I have seen the patchy results of this in the past.
Good luck with that.

Last edited:
Cheers for that P, but it has a soft fur type liner so should be ok, plus it has vents to release the air underneath the cover, have not seen it move at all yet, it just sits there lovely.
Hopefully it will only be for a few months, I intend to build a car port type structure when the weather warms up.

Only problem at the moment - she's off the road ! battery not charging, or knacked battery, some investigation to do.
Battery on charge as I post, I'll have a look tomorrow now........gonna have a cup of tea
I think there's a picture on the thread of her under her new cover, bloody good, completely waterproof, £43 amazon on next day delivery
Oops, just went out to check the battery.....hadn't turned the charger on LOL
Missus reckons I need to see the doctor......get my brain checked :confused:

Yup
Oops, just went out to check the battery.....hadn't turned the charger on LOL
Missus reckons I need to see the doctor......get my brain checked :confused:
YUP - the alternator's gone kaput, tried to buy one today but my local motor factors reckon it'll be difficult to source new as she's old.
I'll have a look on ebay, or maybe have it re-wound, or scrappers maybe.....we'll see.
One did have one in stock but were not allowed to source it as its outside of the southwest ! bleddy stupid sods, won't go there again.
I'll see if I can put a few more piccys up later.
OH!!!! she's got ABS as well, found that out today, the list just grows.

Yup

YUP - the alternator's gone kaput, tried to buy one today but my local motor factors reckon it'll be difficult to source new as she's old.
I'll have a look on ebay, or maybe have it re-wound, or scrappers maybe.....we'll see.
One did have one in stock but were not allowed to source it as its outside of the southwest ! bleddy stupid sods, won't go there again.
I'll see if I can put a few more piccys up later.
OH!!!! she's got ABS as well, found that out today, the list just grows.

Alternator not charging?

Inspect, test, diagnose.

1. Have you ensured that the no charge indicator lamp is working on the dashboard instrument panel with ignition on, engine off? Many alternators will not produce a charging output if the charge indicator lamp circuit is not complete and operating!
  2. Have you ensured that there is 12 V battery voltage available at the alternator terminals? The alternator output regulator controls will not produce a charging output until it sees battery voltage at its input alternator terminals. There are fuses in the armature and also the field winding circuit. Fuse FL7- & FB-10A or post millennium models F5- 10Amp & F11. Fuses may have been removed for long-term layup storage purposes.
  3. At such a low mileage and through long-term lack of use, the alternator slip ring carbon brushes may be stuck in the brush holders and not making contact with one of the slip rings? Try giving the alternator casing some sharp taps with a medium hammer to try and loosen & move the brushes. Good luck, happy hunting.

Last edited:
Hey bud, thanks for all of that, I sort of understand a bit about it, I'm certainly good with the hammer bit, and the on/off bit and will try that tomorrow. Thanks a lot for that, I owe you a pint ;)
I did take it to the garage and the output showed 10 to 11 volts, but as you say, it has been stored since October-ish and only did 500 miles a year for the last 7 years and that's no good to any motor.
I have been told it should be reading an output of 14 volts ?

The alternator needs The 5w draw from the telltale light in order for the field coils to energize Davy, so without that bulb the alternator won't kick in :)

The alternator needs The 5w draw from the telltale light in order for the field coils to energize Davy, so without that bulb the alternator won't kick in :)
Thanks Frank, I'll check the bulb tomorrow as well as whacking it with a hammer (Gently of course)

Add rear parking sensors to her list of features, here's the other side of the key
d17c53bd-7f2a-4743-a744-dc2658ddbce0_zps2ee1ed96.jpg

Must be quite unusual in its self, anybody ever seen one ? must be original I would think.

Thanks Frank, I'll check the bulb tomorrow as well as whacking it with a hammer (Gently of course)

The test inspect diagnose items are in a rational order and not advisable to cherry pick out of sequence. However it may be worthwhile to check the security of the alternator connections!

How many hours did you have the battery on charge for?

In what circumstances and exactly where did your garage measure 10 to 11 volts? That is engine running or stopped? With electrical load head lights on or off?

The hammer trick is very much a last throw of the dice after confirming items one and two in the sequence. Be lucky and don't break anything.

Last edited:
The test inspect diagnose items are in a rational order and not advisable to cherry pick out of sequence. However it may be worthwhile to check the security of the alternator connections!

How many hours did you have the battery on charge for?

In what circumstances and exactly where did your garage measure 10 to 11 volts? That is engine running or stopped? With electrical load head lights on or off?

The hammer trick is very much a last throw of the dice after confirming items one and two in the sequence. Be lucky and don't break anything.
Thanks plm, I've got a small lump hammer I'll hit it with :eek:............................................................. only joking of course.
Battery charged to full from completely flat in 4 hours on fast charge.
The garage measured at the alternator terminals with engine at idle, and nothing running, no lights or anything. The battery was discharging 10 volts at the same time. The loose connections maybe a goer as when I removed the battery the connections could have been tighter.
I'll be on the case tomorrow. Brilliant help - thanks a bunch.
Forget the pint - I'll buy you a pub:D

Checked the on/off lighting sequence, ignition on and lights came on, various ones went out but the battery light stayed on.
I changed the bulb and tried again, this time the battery light did not light but came on when the engine was fired up.
Checked and tightened all fittings, all ok anyway, tapped it with a hammer, nope the light stayed on.
Sprayed everything with wd 40.
Took it to another garage which checked the alternator under load (headlights on) said the same as my usual fitter....not charging.
However have found a motor electrical engineer who can strip it down and have a look, the garage did say that it was probably sticking bushes, or the fuses.
Have also found one on ebay with only one number different to mine, a 4 instead of a 3 would that matter ???
also, mine is 65 amp, would it matter if it was 70 amp ?
Thanks in advance for any-one who understands that lot. :)

4 Reference your thread Wednesday the 18. Feb 2015@ 1641 hrs. Quote

“Checked the on/off lighting sequence, ignition on and lights came on, various ones went out but the battery light stayed on.
I changed the bulb and tried again, this time the battery light did not light but came on when the engine was fired up”. Please recheck & clarify this after 5 below?

5 Battery voltage is unsatisfactorily low at 10 to 11 volts after a four-hour charge. A heavily discharged battery needs a full 12 to 18 hours trickle charge in an attempt to regenerate restore it. After 10 hours, all cells should be equally gassing if you can see inside the cell tops. Give the battery a 12 to 18 hr trickle charge to regenerate restore it to 13.5 to 14volts on charge, whilst still in the vehicle or in a ventilated area. (Battery flammable fumes not advisable in a closed non-ventilated area). After restorative charging the battery should maintain 12.5 volts with no load or parasitic drain connected.

6 The K 11 and K 12 are well known for water leaks into fuses, fuse holders and fuse carriers’ corrosion and burned up connections hidden underneath. Inspect test and diagnose sequence item 2 attempts to address this issue in a non-invasive manner.

7 The alternator battery charging circuit is a regulated electrical handshake where the alternator monitors the battery voltage (at the alternator terminals) and approximately matches it to produce a controlled limited charging voltage and current. Alternator output voltage will not exceed battery voltage by more than approx. 1.5 volts if the charging circuit and fuses are complete between the battery and the alternator.

8 With regards replacement alternator additional capacity is unlikely to matter. As your vehicle is a Japanese import the mounting brackets and alternator frame casing may differ from UK and Europe std. Micra’s. Therefore your auto electricians offer to strip and rebuild it may be viable if off-the-shelf replacements are not readily available?

9 In summary; ~After a full 12 to 18 hour regenerative restorative trickle charge and elimination of parasitic drains, repeat initial inspect test diagnose sequence 1, 2, & 3. Then clarify my query item 4 above.

Happy DIY hunting for the snags PLM

Last edited:
Well plm - blimey!!!! I actually sort of understood that :eek: I actually charged the battery on fast charge, and the full charge light was showing, but when I switched to trickle it showed not charged, not knowing the above I assumed it was charged - obviously not.
After driving it a bit today the battery is already getting sluggish on start up, so it was not charged at all as your post suggests.
I'm reading into your post that because the battery is dead-ish the alternator will not react, the light did actually go out for 10 minutes while driving today but came back on ! bugger.
I have two other micras and have compared the alternators and brackets with this one, can't see any difference without removing them, looks like a straight swap - hopefully.
I'll put the battery back on trickle charge (sealed battery with venting so can't see if it bubbles) tomorrow. I'll pop down to see the engineer and book her in for an overhaul anyway.
I'll also have a good look at the ebay one and probably just buy it.
Thanks for all your input, I feel I'm only a step away from becoming a fully fledged electrical engineer now LOL
Regards davy :D

Awesome. Lucky find, all I could find round my way was a knackered Super S.

I'll just have to drive round more lol! Good luck with this, I'll be watching this closely! :)

I was actually coming out the dentist when it drove past, followed it and left a note on the windscreen, she called me and I bought it = yes lucky :D

I was actually coming out the dentist when it drove past, followed it and left a note on the windscreen, she called me and I bought it = yes lucky :D
That's what happened when I bought my Super S! Although, as I walked up to the car to put the note on it, the guy opened the door of the house it was parked next to
The rest as they say, is history. :p

Here's some more piccies.....and questions.
I love her bum !
DSC_0067_zps022f2fa7.jpg

ABS pump
DSC_0064_zps6cb26309.jpg

The only bit of rust on her, will treat with kurust.
DSC_0066_zpsb4b0c54f.jpg

What are these ?
DSC_0055_zps00bb3dfb.jpg

Rear powered quarter light
DSC_0057_zps149144f3.jpg

Passenger airbag !
DSC_0063_zps50b0ba4c.jpg

Power mirrors, with my missus caught in the snap - spooky (71 this week :eek:)
DSC_0060_zps08a48787.jpg

More another day :D

Last edited:
Picture of ABS pump reminded me that hygroscopic brake fluid requires changing every 2 to 3 years to avoid failure of the ABS valve block/pump that costs megabucks to replace. Suggest you check the service maintenance records & find out when the brake fluid was last completely changed. :)
Good luck with that!

I'll have her serviced when the alternator is sorted, everything will be done ;)
Have just found a micra at my local scrappy, same year and cc, with aircon, should be getting the alternator tomorrow.
Straight swap if my luck is in, I'll have the old one fixed as well for a spare.

Bugger, drove 60 miles to find they crushed her this morning.....sod it.
Put the battery on trickle charge and showing charged after 5 hours, so should be ok now.
Back to ebay I think to buy that one on there.

Bugger, drove 60 miles to find they crushed her this morning.....sod it.
Put the battery on trickle charge and showing charged after 5 hours, so should be ok now.
Back to ebay I think to buy that one on there.
i think there are only 2 types of k11 alternator davy, 1 has a connector/plug and bolted power wire, and the other type have 2 bolted wires

i think there are only 2 types of k11 alternator davy, 1 has a connector/plug and bolted power wire, and the other type have 2 bolted wires
Thanks Frank, I've taken a flyer on the ebay one as the picture was not that good.
I went on the fact its a hitachi the same as mine, with only one number different, 714 instead of 713 everything else is the same so there's a chance its ok.
Only £23 so no problems if not, I will be taking the kaput one off and having it looked at. It has sat in a garage for 7 years only doing 500 miles a year so expecting a bit of teething trouble, probably could do with a good run for a few hours to blow the cobwebs out.
From your post mine is the single bolt type, does not look like the air-con alters the alternator at all - we'll see.

yours has this plug that is hanging loose on mine davy ?
my alternator died last year, and the spare ones i had were the different type, so i had to tap into that plug and run this black wire into it

P2190518.JPG

Here's my alternator. Interestingly when I charged to full on trickle charge the battery light came back on at ignition only, but stayed on when giving her a small run.
She's booked in for the alternator to come off Monday, then down to the electrical engineers for an overhaul.
If the one I bought last night fits I'll keep it as a spare.
This is the single wire one you are talking about Frank?????
DSC_0068_zpsd63d040f.jpg

Did not take her to the fitter today as it was absolutely raining like stair-rods here, she's not allowed to get wet :rolleyes:
The alternator arrived today and looks to be the business, booked in for fitting with a new belt on Wednesday..... if its not raining.
Having looked at where the hood drains into the inner rear panel and then into the sill, getting this girl wet would be a bad idea methinks.
So I have decided to keep all 3 micras at this time, all 3 together only cost circa £600 to £700 a year to tax and insure so ........why not.

Sod it, the alternator did not fit, or rather the pin connection was different, square-ish as opposed to being oblong.
The two wires were a different colour as well so didn't risk it.
No matter; the old one will go for a re-furb and I have sourced a new one for £134 on special order, just waiting to get confirmation its the right one.
Interestingly there are five different belts for this car, that's crazy .... or, they're the same with different numbers. The crazy world of the motor industry.
Daft thing was, today the battery light worked as it should, the alternator was working !!! :rolleyes:

This was interesting today, took the alternator to the electrical engineers and explained about the different connectors and wires, from the original to the one of off ebay. Doesn't matter apparently, as long as one pin is labelled L and the other S I can fit virtually any alternator to the car !!!!!! he's going to have a look to wire up the ebay one, which has the L and S pins to the wrong shaped connector.
We'll see.

aye just cut-n-shut the connector davy :) basically what i did (but i only connected the 1 thin wire, and left the other hanging)

aye just cut-n-shut the connector davy :) basically what i did (but i only connected the 1 thin wire, and left the other hanging)
As you know frank - a fitter I am not. When looking at the connections I could see no logical explanation why that could not be done.
He did say it was only not possible when the pins were labelled differently, like F and L instead of L and S as one would have a regulator built in and the other not, as in one newer than the other. I sort of understand that.
My understanding of all things electrical is that when you get it wrong, you either get a whack, or you set fire to something.....yes, I've done both.........more than once - ouch!

Went to the engineers today but he had not done the work yet :( he has stripped it down though, first time I've ever seen inside one.
Basic science really, metal whizzing around a copper coil, however it was as rusty as an anchor inside, that looks to be the problem, hopefully will find out on Thursday now.

Bugger, the alternator is nacked. Plan B, have the ebay one cut and shut (frank term) and fitted next Wednesday.
Took the cover off today, first time for 6 days, rained every day but the little girl was bone dry....good cover that.

Back