Tyre recommendations..?

cisco

» CMF Member
Ok these are the rims I have:

- Konig 6.5" X 15" 4.9kg each racing rims
- N15 pulsar plus factory alloys. 5.5" x 14". Heavier

I want one set for street hacking, and another set for performance..

You can get Falken Azenis in both 14" and 15", but the 14s are 60 profile..

I was thinking about getting the 205/50 azenis semi slicks for the Konig rims, and then just slap a set of skimpy street 165/60s or something on the factory 14" rims just for kicks around the street (second gear smokes up when boost comes on kind of thing)

Hmm any good recommendations or ideas??

Probably makes sense to put the performance tyres on the performance rims, and just keep the 14" ones for hacking and sleeper looks?

Cheers

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
I had Nankang NS1's. like most ppl here with 15's and they seemed to be ok for a budget "performance" tyre.

well i just got some Nankang NS2's and well i must say that i have been impressed. Big improvement!!!

$120 fitted and balanced.

stay away from Nexans......*shakes head* never again!

cisco

» CMF Member
Cool cheers.

Yeah I have dodgy Nexens on at the moment. They are quite dodgy indeed I reckon.

Hey, are those azenis tyres R compound etc? Do they need substantial heating up just like say serious track brake pads for them to work well?

Hence the RE55s are more of a street setup?

Cheers

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I'm over the micra (super s) for tyres.

195/45R15 is technically illegal in QLD...
195/45R14 is impossible to get, but perfect for 14" rims.
185/50R14 is legal but impossible to get.
185/55R14 is just oversized but rather impossible to get in a decent brand, just like 195/45R15.
175/60R13 is now impossible to find in a decent performance tyre, unless you want a racing slick.

Ruddy ridiculous.

cisco

» CMF Member
Hmm good find matty.

Hey Yom, what don't QLD like about 195/45R15 ? Total legal through the pitts and perfect dimensions down here..

cisco

» CMF Member
Weird huh.

Attachments

• 16166.gif
    16166.gif
    83.6 KB · Views: 34
Back