Selling your Super S

CMF_Menke

» CMF Member
I have been a very proud Micra owner. And have passed up buying a different car many a times, because i am totally in love with mine. I have to sell my Micra Super S unfortunately, and have never been able to even consider it in the past, the thought of parting from it is a little harsh. So a few questions, i don't really want to sell it to just anyone, so will i go about finding a good home for it? and secondly, How much do i sell it for?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Menke WROTE:

"i don't really want to sell it to just anyone, so will i go about finding a good home for it?

Here is a good place to start. It's probably the most concentrated bunch of Micra lovers in australia by a long shot so you're much more likely to be able to sell it to someone who has passion for them than if you were to sell it on Carsales or similar.

Menke WROTE:

"How much do i sell it for?

Depends if it's a Series 1 or 2, the condition it's in, the number of KMs it's done, if it's had or has any accident damage and things like service history. People who tend to write very little in their car ads generally (but not always) seem to be hiding little issues with them so I'd suggest you take a few really good pictures, showing both exterior and interior and a good writeup on your history with the vehicle and anything you know about it before you got it. If you're after a ballpark figure, do a search for 'super s' in the classifieds forum to see the prices Super-S's have and haven't gone for. I'd say a really good condition Series 1 Super-S could go for 4K and a Series 2 Super-S could go for 5K or above (if it's really well looked after). The latter is quite rare.

---dens

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
If it's any help, I was happy to pay $6k for my 1996 Series 2 Super S about 18 months ago with I think 166,000km and a heap of reciepts.

Cosmetically, it had/has the usual trolley dents, stone chips and some sun damage on the plasic as you'd expect in the original 13year old paint work. The interior was pretty much immaculate apart from a small pull in the drivers seat and the only rattle I could hear at the time was from the sunshade when the sunroof is slid all the way back.

Mechanialy it is great, good on fuel after resoldering the TB, but still occasionally stalls when the AC is on in the heat. I just haven't had the chance to look at it properly. There are a couple of small niggly things I'm fixing up on it at the moment too but they were my fault.

I've been playing with the idea of selling mine too, and think $5000 would be a fair starting price. Unless the people looking at it though were micra fans and knew by experience how good they really are I don't think I could get away for asking much more. But at the same time, people ask $6k+ for their base model 1997 toyota starlet with similar kms.

CMF_Menke

» CMF Member
My Super S is in pretty good nic. The fan works on setting 4 only, but Aircon is good, engine doesn't cut out, interior id say is well looked after, i noticed the grey plastic in the back window has a little bit of sun damage. Absolutely NO RATTLES. It does have a scratch on the driver side, other than that the paint job is good. It does have high kms on it approx 220 000 - I love driving it. The engine has been serviced regularly, but it wasn't always filled out by the mechanic, so thats a bummer. How do i know if it is a series 1 or 2? Thanx alot, i will post pictures up...

Back