Scrubbing Issues

CMF_azman89

» CMF Member
Hi, i'm Aaron and my little beast has issues just like every other car on the road lol. I've tried searching through the forums but couldn't find anything specific.
The problem i have is the rear tyres scrubbing. Not on the outer guard, but the rear bar mount. The drivers side tyre has actually torn that mount right off the bar, but continues to scrub.
I'm wondering how everyone is coping/working around the scrubbing.
I have 16x7 +40 wheels and the rear has an 87mm drop by means of shall we say "custom" springs...
Running 205/40/r16 tyres.
See pics
Inb4 "coilovers and smaller rims" :p

Thanks in advance for any help. Much appreciated

Attachments

• 75285.jpg
    75285.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 34

CMF_azman89

» CMF Member
Mickb WROTE:

"You can cut that mount back, so it doesn't stick out so much

Already have :) And the wheel has been so kind as to hammer it up for me too lol

Tyrie WROTE:

"if it's torn the driver's side and not the passenger side I'd be inclined to say you need to shorten your panhard rod to pull the rear axle back to the passenger side.

It scrubs on both sides.
But coincidentally, my new whiteline panhard rod arrived today. I fitted it as soon as i got home. Nice even scrubbage on both tyres now ;) haha
FYI trade price doesn't get you much of a discount when you have to pay freight on top of that to get it to your local supplier... They got it to me overnight though so bonus points for them.

Attachments

• 75335.jpg
    75335.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 30
Back