• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Scopez's K11 - 1.6 with Fusion Motorsport Turbo Conversion

Yep will be running just actuator pressure for now. I took the boost control off today I think it will make your target power without it. Also had to change another injector so thats all 4 that had bad seals. Hopefully they will be ok now.

Very impressive, loads of usable power there!
goes rich after 6K, 12:1. is that a just to be on the safe side to deal with engine temps? or is that standard for a turbo map?

Noddie the lower curve of almost all 12:1 is the turbo. That's the way it should be done. Run a turbo car at 13-14:1 on a turbo and not only will it be likely to melt, it will loose power.

Noddie the lower curve of almost all 12:1 is the turbo. That's the way it should be done. Run a turbo car at 13-14:1 on a turbo and not only will it be likely to melt, it will loose power.

oh yeah i see, sorry. i must have been looking at the NA a/f/r line:) so you just lean it out a bit at cruising revs for fuel economy?

I had a 100NX (GA16) that me and my father turbo'd, exactly the same turbo and everything, pretty much identical setup but we could never get it to run without blowing out gaskets because of the ECU. Unfortunatly, it got sold as an unfinished project as we got fed up with it. How I wish I'd known you back then, Ed!

As for the Micra, I think it's blooming awesome :laugh: Great work guys.

Damn that's a nice car mate, I envy you :L
Just wanted to find out, did those Fox Evo 3 wheels go on straight onto the micra with no problems, because im thinking of getting a set off ebay.

Cheers

Such an inspiration. Really nice work. Am not a big fan of facelift k11's but that's pretty nice. Really tempted to haul down to ed now for good few weeks to get mine done when I get all the parts.

Heya pal. Car looks great.

Out of curiosity how much was the rad? I like the idea, want to free up some air space for an induction kit. (Y)

Mr Butler :grinning: cheers mate, hope you have a good one to.
I'm sure your specs list will be building up to, once all the bits and bobs are on etc Pics taken with your "X" Sony Ericsson, thanks for that also mate

good quality eh, 8.1mp i think?looks real clean, you been polishing it?

yeah i guess the spec list will be building up, just got to fit the bits

must catch up with you over the holidays mate, loads to show ya
fwn

Hi Scott, are you RAJackson?? have you changed your user name?

well once I get a clutch and electronic boost controller then with the cams and remap I'd like to aim for perhaps 175-180bhp on minimum amount of boost possible. I know people may think why such a little amount, but to be perfectly honest I really dont know the limits of the engine so dont want to take big risks. Some in the US claim over 200bhp on stock but I'd gather 130kw is more realistic for me.. I know Dales kicked the bucket at 196bhp but then it was a 1.4. If I do blow the headgasket/engine ill perhaps then look into dropping some vitara pistons in and running more boost, but fingers crossed it dosent come to that no time soon :glare:

Oh and bearing in mind the cars is currently running 5psi actuator pressure(150 bhp roughly). Results on the graph were at about 7psi I believe.

Nah, RAJackson is my brother. Over on AOC. I changed from Sjackson to Scott :)

There is a GA16DE+T in america running 250 whp on stock internals. Getting 12 second quarter miles aswell.

Im sure Dales kicked the bucket then because when he bought another engine it was a 1.6 but later realised the engine he had bought was actually a 1.4 and was running too much boost for the 1.4 to handle. Might be wrong though.

Back