Santa Pod meet 21st of August - Everyone Welcome

how much does it actualy cost at the pod? like a rough idea of how much money i will need?

is it possible to meet someone come up from the south on the m25 or m23 at a service station or so as i have never been and still not one hundred percent sure where it is. also possible a good start destination for a convoy. sims to work well i found with the hunydia coupe club.
thanks welly

Might be able to convoy up with Retepetsir and me, but we've not arranged anything yet :) We could also join Ed & James and possibly others en route - Ed will probably bomb off tho!

I should be able to meet up with you Arnold, and Welly if you want.

However, its unlikely that we'll be able to stick together all the way round the M25 and up the M1, and I wont be bombing it anyway as my fuel will be used up in a stupid amount of time otherwise!

I will meet people on the M25/M1 junction at about 8, could you ring me Pete when you are at junction 20?

hey sweetypie, im coming from the north haha, but u already no that, i wana meet up with ppl who are coming from the north like a few days b4, to see whos definate, and chat some ****, and arange a meeting point, like a little nothwest meet...rar

Anyone coming from the south, i suggest meeting up at Toddington Services on the M1. Im not sure what the best time to get to Pod is as ive never been, but if anyone is up for this idea, then wack a time up you think is reasonable and we can discuss it :)

Toddington services are really near to pod, I will prob be there at 8:15 and will stay till 8:30

anyone fancy meeting up at gatwick or along the m/a23 before heading up to meet the others at toddington and also doe's anyone know how long it will take to get from gatwick to toddington.

bit unhappy thought went on the 0-60 strip at donny south with worn tyres and it then started to rain. and i only manged 0-60 in 11.05, 11.45 and 11.98

I'l be at toddington for around 8:15 then :) Not sure how long roughly it takes from Gatwick, i guess an hour and a half? Traffic at Heathrow and Luton could add further time to the journey.

8 on a Sunday morning though Arnold, we will most likely be the most congested area of motorway before we get to poddington :D
From Gatwick is prob bout an hour and half like you say, ask Pete, he has done it from that way a few times before :)

Hey peeps

Need ya help now I can't go, my mate Lee wants to go and join a convoy there, but as I'm not going, and not sure about Ricardo, Dusk and Kristian.

Can anyone help him please?

due to my severe lack of money i cant go, kristian and dusk wont be going either, sorry about that, willl be at the next one, just not in a posistion were i can spend money on something like this right at the minute, next uni term coming up an all

hmmm i wont be goin now, no excuses, we have a bit of a club stand going on at the ripspeed show and shine in telford, bit closer to travel and im dedicated to jnc as we signed up for it ages ago. however im at pod for deffo no ifs no buts on october 8/9th for japshow-the final as we have another clubstand for that weekend

On a positive note, ive started getting the ST ready for this weekend. I plan to go all balls out on what I currently have and hopefully smash all my previous bests at santa pod. If should be fun to watch because, one of 3 things will happen, 1 the engine or gearbox will explode, 2 something else will go wrong say my driving, rain, or just totall over hype or 3 somehow it will all work and ill ahnilliate anything (within reason) that i come up against ;)

This is what I'm doing:
Toyo T1-R's on the front (195/45/15's) this is a gamble as I know that best times are on 13's
Striped out back of car (I can lift it off the floor now)
106 Octane cool blue race fuel @ £3 a liter - nice!
Boost increased to 1.7 bar (Providing I can get a strong enough spark)
Possibly 12 inch steels on the back for low turning mass (much lighter than 13's or 15's
And finally to help stop the wheelspin I have got some tyre additive that softens the rubber for a short time - (this is why the clutch or gearbox may explode) I also have a stronger engine mount to fit.
Ahh also ICE spray for the intercooler Will be intersting to see if this works..

SO if anyone wants to see an almighty explosion as I break the sound barrier (umm more like my car) at SP this weekend - I suggest you come and watch on sunday - If you are not already :)

Ed

P.s. Im going to get AA cover before the weekend... and a tow rope..

Want me to follow in my new K11 SR just in case? ;)

Plus i can film the moment you break your record/gearbox/engine if you want ;)

I would expect nothing less of you Ed then to try and attempt to blow up the ST engine but in the process run crazy times and crazy power!

I dunno what's the car ever done to you eh? eh? lol!!!!!

Kev

well the ignition is giving me trouble due to the fact the spark keeps getting blown out (I need a stronger ignition coil) I'm going to try and get a better one by the weekend :) However with the car all empty now I did just get a 6.1 on the G-tech, beats my previous best of 6.4.

you know with higher octane fuel, does the ignition need to retarded a few degrees? cause i'm gonna run mine on optimax and octane booster,

To get any gains, I think the answer is yes.

I think the Haynes manual explains what to do to get the pre facelifts to run on standard 95 from 97 so i'd suggest doing that in reverse ;) (Ask someone a bit more knowlegable first though)

Paging K10 techies... ;)

Ed said:
well the ignition is giving me trouble due to the fact the spark keeps getting blown out (I need a stronger ignition coil) I'm going to try and get a better one by the weekend :) However with the car all empty now I did just get a 6.1 on the G-tech, beats my previous best of 6.4.

Yeah but you had me in the car when you got your 6.4! Surely you should implement these changes one by one, not putting race fuel, upping the boost and everything else at once! thats a receipy for disaster - well i hope not, but will be a shame to blow up your second ST for the sake of a different time! Just remember how much work you've done and irriplacable it is.

Post on here if you're meeting up at Toddington

Brought race fuel today :) Oh and you advance ignition not retard it when you put in a higher octane fuel. You wont notice it on a MA12 though.

Ed

ed you are complete mad
but if you need a tow my k11 towed my mr2 home the only problem was it was my first time towing and i will only tow with a bar from now on.

ethier way can't wait till sunday for the action and see what my car can do. my get round to doing a spec sheet, if i remeber.

i'll be leaving hickstead services on the a23 at 6 on sunday so hopefully miss all traffic and have time for breake at toddinton before everyone meets up at 8.

can't wait see you sunday
Welly

hey guys, really gutted im not gonna be able to make it but the lad who bought my wheels and esome other bits and bobs is heading down, he lives right next to pod. Keep an eye out for him, if he is in his k11 i doubt you will miss it - red with union jack painted on bonnet and air brake with 16"s on - hes a sound guy

Im joining at J6M25 which is one just before you, looks like may get a convoy haha.

Still undecided at the moment. May come down but the car has been off the road for about 2 months now. It should in theory be done in time if everything goes ok, but will have to see as its a very long journey for just one day and would mean me getting up very early!!! :|

bah,

where all the effort people!

ive been excitied about this for weeks and that is just because i get to spend some time around other modified cars and see a few old friends - i dont even drive a micra!!

cmon, put that little bit of effort in, get up early, get into your freshly polished and waxed car and tootle down for just one day - its a great day out and worth every penny - dont miss it- you WILL regret it!

my two cents.

Luke

I've missed this thread! If you guys are aiming to get to the Toddington services for just after 8, thats a pretty early start for me - yeeesh!

I will try and make the services for then tho, but obviously cant make any promises due to traffic, but I'll ring if I'm late.....

I cant remember exactly how long it usually takes me, but 2.5 to 3 hours I reckon to get to pod, so anything from 2 to 2.5hr's to get to the services from my house.

Welly, I should be joining the M23 just before Gatwick (Balcombe) at around 6 I hope!

Ed, might see you briefly on the M25 then, before you go flying past me :(

Unless you'll be taking it easy!

See you all soon guys!

Edit: Welly, I'm in a Grey L-Reg K11 with alloys - just in case you spot me :)

He won't be going too fast as me (and possibly Arnold) will be following him up... (Tbh it's Arnold that'll slow us down, 1.0 K10 pfft ;))

1L K11 here......!

I might see you guys around then, will you be meeting at Toddington Services?

Any idea when Pod opens? As I cant remember.....!

James said:
He won't be going too fast as me (and possibly Arnold) will be following him up... (Tbh it's Arnold that'll slow us down, 1.0 K10 pfft ;))

LMAO, the cheek!! Yeah Pete, we should be leaving Ed's around 7, but if JAE was anything to go by, dont expect us there until 5 or 6 in the evening :p

Pete, Toddington from yours is surely morelike 1/2 hour, you checked it on a routplanner?
You want to give me a knock on the way up?

You can get to northampton in two hours so you might get there a bit early leaving at 6! why not join me, james and Ed from south london!

Just checked the planner and realised your both right.....! I'll probably leave a bit later then and just see what materialises :)

Shall we start a new list?

1. Retepetsir (Pete)
2. Mark
3. Arnold
4. James
5. Ed
6. K10 Super S

Copy and paste this list, adding your names to the bottom :)

I just got a 5.7 0-60 with Toyo T1R's with a stripped interiour... I dont think im going to bother with tyre softener stuff as I honestly think ill wreck the clutch at the pod if I do....

1. Retepetsir (Pete)
2. Mark
3. Arnold
4. James
5. Ed
6. K10 Super S
7. Kev

1. Retepetsir (Pete)
2. Mark
3. Arnold
4. James
5. Ed
6. K10 Super S
7. Kev
8. Glenn
9. Luke

Ed said:
I just got a 5.7 0-60 with Toyo T1R's with a stripped interiour... I dont think im going to bother with tyre softener stuff as I honestly think ill wreck the clutch at the pod if I do....

Sheesh! Is it running ok on high boost?

Weather looks good too, dry, and 20C :)

Retepetsir said:
Weather looks good too, dry, and 20C :)
Unlike today at work...
29.today.JPG

Bah! lol

Hi all.

I'm still coming :D

Hope we have no more pull out as this was going to be huge meet and numbers are falling! Dan you have to come :p because I want to see your car lol!

I'll be there about 9ish, not too worried about being early as I doubt I'll be running the corolla anyway.

See you 'all' sunday

Kev

Back