Rusty Wheel Nuts

I have a 1 year old K12 and I have just noticed the wheel nuts have gone totally orange with rust!!

Is there anything I can do about this? It looks horrible.

Thanks

You could get some lightweight ones from www.micrasport.com thay come in differant colours i have some pretty red ones and thay look great on a silver car,

but if you just want to get rid of the rust, you could take them off one at a time use a wire brush or something rough and scrub like mad :upside:

How about if I took them off, scrubed them with a wire wool brush and painted them with Hammerite Silver? Do you think that would work ...

how much paint are you going to apply? Why don't you take them all off clean them in petrol/parrafin wirebrush the rust off, if you must paint them paint them or simply lightly apply a coat of WD40 or similar. I'd be tempted to see if the brakes are binding too if they're orange.

how much paint are you going to apply? Why don't you take them all off clean them in petrol/parrafin wirebrush the rust off, if you must paint them paint them or simply lightly apply a coat of WD40 or similar. I'd be tempted to see if the brakes are binding too if they're orange.

brakes binding wouldnt have anything to do with orange nuts

Back