Rust proof it or loose it!!!!!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 29304
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29304

Hi All,

As we should all know by now that our cars will fail the MOT mainly from rust. I have had this problem before with another car that I had for 27years which was a Citreon 2cv6 Dolly, and now I have been told that my 14year old Micra tempest which I only bought on the 20th July this year . And it wil rot sometime in the future so why don't we as owners have our cars rust proofed under & inside the body shell in all the aeras which will rot instead of improving its performance in the engine bay make sure that the your angle grind off the rust or sand it then apply kurust then Waxyol or which ever rust proofer you would prefer or contact [email protected] as he can do the rust proof of your Micra K11 for £420 .

As I am semi- unemployed I have too much time to myself and will be under my car the rest of this week painting or spraying all aeras with waxoyl and even drilling holes in to the side pillars of the door frames to pour in waxyol into the sills that are known to rot unless I learn how to remove any side panels instead.

Yours Peter Rowley

Hi, Sorry to ask this but are you trying to stop me from writing about your Nissan micras K11's and there faults or don't you like older people owning your beloved micra's & then joining your sports club. I am still a member of the 2CVGB club and the bulk of that club members are aged about 20's- 70's.

Having seen tests done with Waxoyl I've gone right off it, Bilt Hamber stuff works much better. https://www.bilthamber.com/corrosion-protection-and-rust-treatments/

I don't rate conventional waxoil, as in the clear stuff. It remains soft and attracts too much debris. Consequently it's a pain to maintain.

Their underseal is ok though. I use the tinned stuff, mix with a bit of white spirit to reduce its viscosity and apply it with a professional spray gun. The white spirit evaporates readily and leaves an nice finish to external underfloor areas.

For all fasteners, moving parts and hard to reach areas, (which does include panels), I use Boeshield T9.

Hi, Sorry to ask this but are you trying to stop me from writing about your Nissan micras K11's and there faults or don't you like older people owning your beloved micra's & then joining your sports club. I am still a member of the 2CVGB club and the bulk of that club members are aged about 20's- 70's.

Not at all, I was just sharing what I believe is an extremely informative thread on dealing with rust.

Back