Rust on the tailgate, scratches, graze marked on the metallic paint.

Hi All,
I like to introduce myself my name is siraz and i am a new member.

I needed some advice on the Nissan Micra 1.3 celebration in Mettalic green year 2000 (Petrol Manual).

I have few scratched all over the car not deep and some grazed mark which were done by kids by scraping thier bikes:(. There is also some sign rust appearing on the tailgate just above the rubber seal. I went to Nissan for advice he just told me apply Hammerite and i can not fine the correct colour for my car in Hammerite.

Is there any good paints for the above.

I do not if i cold upload picture here or not, if i can i can post the picture in my next reply.

Kind Regards.

Siraz.

Hi John,
Thank you for your reply.

How do you add picture on this forum or do i have to uploaded on the photobucket and paste the link here.

Please see the link below and there is picture of slight scratches, grazed, rust on the tail gate and rust on the hinges. There is also internal where the side mirror is it has been scrtached due to taking out and putting back the interior cover due to some maintenance on the window winder.

How would i remove this Grazed, scratch and rust, as for scratch and grazed i used the matching colour magic with the colour stick and this has not helped, as you can still see scratch and grazed mark.

How do it tackle rust on the tailgate, as i washed the car over the weekend to see if the water is near that area or above the seal and i could not see this. I saw water on the hinge of the door, so water must be getting on to the door hinge and this is why it must of rusted.

Please advise any help, as much appreciated.

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj19/siraz_bucket/?action=view&current=631e3598.pbr

a good t-cut, polish and wax went a long way on mine - hasn't got them out entirely, but as it's metallic paint i don't wanna be touching in little parts or it'll never match up, especially if I did it! :p

Thank you for your reply.

I have some rust part on the tailgate at the back boot and i saw somw at the front of the car underneathe when i was servicing the car. so i will need to tackle this, as this is my first time.

I will go to the body shop to buy sandpaper wet/dry, paint, primer, undercoat, rust preventer and will give it a go by myself.

Somebody told to use G3 cutting compound to get rid of the scratch and graze, but i need a electric polisher, if the T-cut or colour magic will not remove the slighty more visible scratch.

Back