running too rich

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
is there away to adjust the the mixture and does anyone know how many turns on a screw or however you do it? cheers lads.

is there away to adjust the the mixture and does anyone know how many turns on a screw or however you do it? cheers lads.

No way to adjust the mixture really only at idle afaik. . .they run very rich from the factory as witn most turbo'd cars. . .It needs a map to sort out the fueling and ignition timing

how do you do it at idle mate? as today i took that AII unit apart with the 3 screws in it and cleaned it out as it had loads of oil crap in it. but at the same time i think i might of misscounted how many turns the screws need to be turned. its drinking fuel like no one bisiniss and spluttering and farting and fouling the plugs so its got to be that aii unit thing.

how do you do it at idle mate? as today i took that AII unit apart with the 3 screws in it and cleaned it out as it had loads of oil crap in it. but at the same time i think i might of misscounted how many turns the screws need to be turned. its drinking fuel like no one bisiniss and spluttering and farting and fouling the plugs so its got to be that aii unit thing.

Sometimes you do more harm than good taking them apart. . .How muny kilometers would you get to a tank?
Its the screw on the left is what I've been told,If your looking in from the drivers side.

its doing about 60 miles to £20 so its really bad mate. do you know if its in for leaner mix or in for richer mix at the moments that left screw is 1 and 3 quarter turns out from the closed position mate.

wow john, thats bad :eek:, i find that reading the lambda voltage is very useful guide for setting up my gas mixture (tho somewhat limited on the narrowband lambda,s) :)

Sounds like a bigger problem than the idle mixture manfwn I don't know what though,Make sure there's no vacuum leaks or boost hose leaks,check fuel lines

curious about the engine temp sensor as the gauge does not work i put a new sensor in but it still dont work does the wire off the engine temp sensor go back to the ecu and control the cold start valve?
i just pulled a plug out and its black . when i first got the car the plugs was anice tan colour but not now

Back