Rough Idle

M

Melanie

When I stop at traffic lights the car always feels like tickover needs to be set about 200 RPM higher than what its at. It gets even worse when you turn the light on etc.

Ive done a search on the net and they talk about re-soldering some wires or something but I think thats for a more serious problem??!?!

Also the car has only done 18K and is 3 years old so I wouldnt expect some kind of dry solder issue.

Does anybody else have this problem, or knows how I can fix it?

Thanks

Melanie

Hello,

I'm no expert but experience has taught me to check the simple things first to avoid being shafted by a garage/dealer:

Check the airfilter - renew if its clogged with crap.
All bits and pieces related to the electricals eg. plugs, distributer cap and rotor... but saying that with the miles you tell it shouldn't be an issue.
Fuel filters due at 50,000miles or 3 years so maybe useful to change.
Engine oil/filter.

To be honest all these bits are relativley cheap on this car so its worth just changing them for piece of mind.

If you want to go down the route of the soldering of the throttle bodies fix you can download it from the Australian forum :
http://www.micra.com.au/information/nissan-micra-articles/cg13de-throttle-body-resoldering-guide.php

Hope this helps
Frank

Back