Rota RB 13x8

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
thoes size's are pretty cool...

by the looks of it you could run 13x8 +40 all round and no one would be the wiser...

not my style but if i had to do another micra, i reckon they would be an easy option.

only quesion being... 13x8 +40... enough room on the inside of the guards???

CMF_danno88

» CMF Member
The 13x8's will not only hit the guards but will also hit the steering arms on turns, possibly also will hit the struts...

Just looking for a few different opinions, do you guys think the RB 15x7 +30 will fit on the micra?

i think it will definately not hit the strut and steering arms, but may just hit the guards on the front...

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

tell me what you think

danno88

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
tyres will be the hard part of 15's tho...

will need some very narrow low profile tyres...

13's there two or three options...

14's theres a few more...

but 15's is a bit hard on size unless you want to run 195/50's or maybe even 195/45's???

would be cool if you could get some decent sizes here.... oh well :(

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
danno88 WROTE:

"they will likely stick out past the guards with that offset, i wouldnt go anything less that +20 on that wheel

With a 6" wide rim I'm not entirely sure that's true. If it were 7 or 7.5 wide then I'd say there's much more chance of it not fitting under but a 13x6.. I reckon it's got a good chance. I'm all for crazy offsets, and if they stick out and foul the guards, you're not running enough negative camber! Haha..

The only reason I won't ever go out and buy a set of wide 13's is because you can't fit anything bigger than stock brakes under them, at least not with stock offsets and wheels. I could barely fit AD18V's under the 13" steelies (they fit on and were secure, but the car didn't move as they were exactly the right size to go against the wheel). You'd have to grind away the outer part of the caliper (call it weight reduction) but then again they're just 18V's.. nothing special.

xsoarerx WROTE:

"would be cool if you could get some decent sizes here.... oh well :(

Would be good if you could actually get a better selection of GOOD tyres here too, but I digress.

---dens

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

Would be good if you could actually get a better selection of GOOD tyres here too, but I digress.<BR><BR>---dens

aint that the truth.

you can get federal fd-1's in 175, 165, 185 in 60 profile & 535's in 185/55... hummm...

thats about it :p

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member

Attachments

• 45283.jpg
    45283.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 19

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
danno88 WROTE:

"If you use this <A title=http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp href="http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp" target=_blank>http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp</A> it will tell you that the wheel will likely stick out 5-10mm past the guard<BR><BR>any advise from anyone with any experience if 15x7 +30 will fit on the micra?

I had a set of 15x7 22 offset on mine,
did scrub a little at the back, until guards were rolled/massaged
I couldnt go crazy low, but they did fit.
Depending how low u want the car is the question..
the rear tyres will most likely clip the rear bar mount too (inside the guard) but they can be moved back easily enough

CMF_danno88

» CMF Member
Thanks micky

im pretty confident that with a +30 ill fit inside the guards front and rear, im just not 100% confident that ill not hit the steering arm on full lock... Anyone else got any advise?

danno88

edit: Micky how did they fit at the front? cause it looks like there is less clearance to the guards than there is at the rear

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
danno88 WROTE:

"Thanks micky<BR><BR>im pretty confident that with a +30 ill fit inside the guards front and rear, im just not 100% confident that ill not hit the steering arm on full lock... Anyone else got any advise?<BR><BR>danno88<BR><BR>edit: Micky how did they fit at the front? cause it looks like there is less clearance to the guards than there is at the rear

was actually better at the front, could be the height i had it at/heavier spring rates etc
Get an adj panhard rod if u dont already, to pull that rear axle into line

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
1300supers WROTE:

"more opinions on 6x13 ET 13 wheels!

Why don't you just fit them and form your own opinion? There will be very few people on here besides someone like maybe eeeden/dodgy haro who've fitted wheels of that size/offset on a K11 on here, so just fit them up and see how it looks - you'll know for sure if it's the right offset then.

---dens

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
1300supers
here,s mine with 5 1/2 j 13 super s ally,s (155/70 tyres) spaced on the front by 15mm (with some negative camber), and spaced at the rear by 25mm (and 32mm on the nearside rear because it,s a stock panhard rod)
if the stock super s wheel offset is 35mm, then my effective offsets are 20mm front and 10mm rear, so if you fit 13mm offset rims (with your wider wheels/tyres), the fronts will stick out too far imo

frank

Attachments

• 45455.jpg
    45455.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 21
Back