rollcage fitting

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
Does any one know any where in the north west that can fit a full sparco rollcage?

i've had a quote of £275+VAT from a company down south but was wondering if thats an average price?

Funny you should ask, I've been looking around myself :glance:

Sent off a couple of emails and this is the best i've had so far:

Hi Dave
Please find below the specs of the two cages we do for the Micra. They are both multi-point bolt-in cages.
Let me know if you need any further info.

Thanks

Joost (http://www.safetydevices.com)

Micra Mk2 1993-
Multipoint bolt - in cage. Front cage penetrates dashboard. Mounts to shell at 17 points. Cage includes ‘X’ rear diagonals with harness bars and tunnel brace. Unique ‘X’ doorbars. MSA/FIA homologated. Certificate available from MSA tel.: 01753 681 736.

Front cage - £267.12 - RBD283SMU
Rear cage ( ‘X’ diag's) - £356.16 - RBD285SMU
‘X’ door bar N/S - £81.62 - RBD28DXUN
‘X’ door bar O/S - £81.62 - RBD28DXUO
Front Strut brace - £144.16 - RBD280SBF

Micra Mk2 1993-
Derived from the D28 multi-point cage, specifically built for the 2004 Formula 1000 Rally Challenge. Consists of single door bars and available with single diagonal or X diagonals & harness bars in the rear cage. Not MSA/FIA homologated.

Front Cage - £161.00 - RBD373SSU
Rear Cage (single dia.) - £226.94 - RBD375SSU
Rear Cage (optional 'X' /H/Bars) - £296.94 - RBD375SXU
Single Door Bar Left - £46.20 - RBD37DSUN
Single Door Bar Right - £46.20 - RBD37DSUO

They have 2 fitting centres in the UK:

Nene Overland
Manor Farm
Ailsworth
Peterborough
PE5 7AF

Van Driel Engineering Limited
Roundham Road
Code:
East Harling
Norfolk
NR16 2QN

They are not Sparco ones, but one of their cages is MSA/FIA compliant. Their prices also include VAT. Worth a look :p

Is your cage a bolt or a weld-in cage?
If it is bolt in, you should be able to do it yourself, you will need to drill some holes in your floorplan and rear arches to get the bolts through, but it is fairly straightforward, the hardest point is gettin the thing into the car!

i already have the cage - it's a 6 point Sparco FIA approved cage. i beleive it's a weld in unit.

got it 2nd hand off one of the chaps on here but i can't remember who! lol

Back