Rim widths

CMF_penpusher

» CMF Member
I am probably asking a stupid question....cause i know nothing about rim sizes/combinations.... but......
I have found a set of rims i really want to use on a 1995 micra - they are 15 inch with 4X100 PCD but the problem is that they are 8 inches wide. There is no way these would fit is there ? I have not bothered contacting to find out about the offset cause i am pretty sure they won't fit.....

There is another set that i am not so keen on (but are OK) and measure 14 inch 4X100 with a plus 7 offset. Would these fit ? I think the micra has a plus 40 offset but i don't know what this all means.

Thoughts guys ?

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
penpusher WROTE:

"I am probably asking a stupid question....cause i know nothing about rim sizes/combinations.... but......

I have found a set of rims i really want to use on a 1995 micra - they are 15 inch with 4X100 PCD but the problem is that they are 8 inches wide. There is no way these would fit is there ? I have not bothered contacting to find out about the offset cause i am pretty sure they won't fit.....

There is another set that i am not so keen on (but are OK) and measure 14 inch 4X100 with a plus 7 offset. Would these fit ? I think the micra has a plus 40 offset but i don't know what this all means.

Thoughts guys ?

For the 15x8" rims, they will fit if u put spacers and probably cut ur fenders with flared arches...

Not so sure about the +7 wheels though...

CMF_niiCk

» CMF Member
penpusher WROTE:

"I am probably asking a stupid question....cause i know nothing about rim sizes/combinations.... but......

Thoughts guys ?

15x8 can fit, just depends on the offset. Around the +30 offset is possible. There was a member on here with 15x8 +25 offset all around and it fitted quite well. You just need to roll or pumped the guards.

The 14" wheels with the +7 offset can fit but depends on the width.

Youre missing vital information. You need the rim diameter, width and offset..this helps to determine whether they'll fit or not.

Nick

CMF_penpusher

» CMF Member
Is rolling / pumping the guards generally a costly exercise ? I guess panelbeaters will have to 'beat ' the guards in to shape and then respray the panel ?

CMF_niiCk

» CMF Member
penpusher WROTE:

"Is rolling / pumping the guards generally a costly exercise ? I guess panelbeaters will have to 'beat ' the guards in to shape and then respray the panel ?

No, its actually not an expensive exercise. I do guard rolling at $40 ea or $70 for two. So that should be a rough estimate for you.

You dont 'beat' the guard, you literally roll it out and any professional can do it without cracking the paint.

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
I have 15x7+0 on mine with no mods yet the rears are fine
But i will need to roll the fronts out a bit, as there is a bit of poke.

Fat Fitment in brisbane is a guard roller who come to you.
Or you can do it yourself with a hairdryer/heat gun and a rubber mallet

CMF_penpusher

» CMF Member
thanks for the responses - a i am looking for a used set of rims someone tells me that i should only consider rims that were used on front wheel drive cars. Does it matter whether the rims come from a rear or front wheel drive car or is this just crap advice ?

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
penpusher WROTE:

"thanks for the responses - a i am looking for a used set of rims someone tells me that i should only consider rims that were used on front wheel drive cars. Does it matter whether the rims come from a rear or front wheel drive car or is this just crap advice ?

That is generally a good starting point, however there are exceptions. I've got plenty of alloys off holden gemini's that work on micras. Most 4x100 cars are fwd anyway...

CMF_penpusher

» CMF Member
Does anyone have a set (that they might want to sell) or or know of anyone that have B45 simmons wheels that would fit as these are the ones i am looking at buying for the micra.

I'll also take this opportunity to thank everyone who has posted so far.

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
penpusher WROTE:

"Does anyone have a set (that they might want to sell) or or know of anyone that have B45 simmons wheels that would fit as these are the ones i am looking at buying for the micra.

I'll also take this opportunity to thank everyone who has posted so far.

a mate is selling a set of refurbished v4s if you're interested.

CMF_matt.d

» CMF Member
got some rims off ebay.co.uk got em for 100 quid the guy reckons the tyres are ****e but the rims are good when i got them, the rims are pure ****e and the tyres are really good so and filled em and rubbed down now i was going to spray but you know what me micra isnt tip top condition so im not going to bother and put then on without spraying just to match the condition of the micra there 15 inch and fit like a dream with a touch of rat look about em!

Back