reversing light help

okay guys so iv heard this is a common fault that the switch snaps easy but iv been looking through all the other topics about this and dont seem to find my answer but i crawled under my car with difficultly to get this photo and i want to know and understand why my switch is not working i know the black cover is not on there but what does the cover actually do? or is there something on the back of this cover that makes it work?

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i450/_NOODLE_HEAD_/20121012_131423.jpg

thats the picture of what i got on my gearbox and would love for someone to explain this all in detail

well frank the gearbox does seem to be already leaking its oil this is why i wanted to fix it so i dont leak more oil and get my reversing light to work

Yes Nissan stock them, had mine done, switch is a miserable £67 <<:eek: when removing the old one it will done nothing but snap being plastic :rolleyes: use some good sealant to avoid leaks.

well frank, i wasnt going to go to the nissan main dealers as i know there is a micra just like mine in the scrappy with one still attached do you think that would be a good idea? or do you think i could just plunger the hole so theres no leak and some how make my own switch so everytime i put it in reverse it puts the light on?

Back