Reverse Light switch - micra boston. Help!

Hello!

I was hoping someone on here would be able to help. i have an M-reg Nissan Micra Boston and the reverse light switch on it is broken. I took it back to the guy I bought it from and he said that the part needs to be ordered from Japan and will cost about £56 + VAT. He then wants to charge me £30 for labour.

So I was wondering if any of you knew where I could get a spare part cheaper and whether I would be able to fix it myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Mina.

The guy at the garage said that the part was tempramental or some such carp and that if he got one from a second hand place it might not work anyway and I should get a new part. Was he just trying to pull a fast one given that he knows I know nothing about cars? Hubby is in Bristol and he would be the one fitting the part.

If you really want one ring Matt Humphris, (mph on here), on 01865 748000, he shoud be able to give you the truth on ordering one and may even have an old one laying about if you're lucky.

It's not an MOT failure anyway, just means there is a lack of light when reversing at night.......

Low riders right, you dont really need one as you can pass MOT without it anyway. If it helps, mine doesnt work either :p

Have you checked the bulb by any chance? (worth asking (Y) )

Yeah I checked the bulb and the fuse. If it's not compulsory to have it I'll just keep bobbing along as I am. Lol! Thank you very much for all your help.

Back