Restoring the Interior

Hello all!

I recently purchased a 1998 1.0L Micra as a first car. I'm not that interested in cars per se, but I do love a project, and learning about stuff.

I have already tidied up the rear bumper, filler in some dents, priming and spraying it. I have also replaced a weak and flappy driver side door handle which was bugging the hell out of me. I reseated the window too as somehow it had come out the little holder thing.

The car has been fairly well looked after, but the interior needs some love. Especially the door cards. What is bugging me are all the scratches on the door card, but being textured plastic I'm wondering what I can do about it? I've been to 3 local scrapyards and the door cards are all in similar condition :/ My main thought was to sand down all the plastic to make it smooth plastic throughout, but with it being grey worried about how it may look. Although I'd be up to spraying the door cards the same matte black as the centre console, what do you guys think of that?

Any advice guys? :) I've been looking around and you guys have done some seriously cool stuff with your Micra's!

Back