Front End Shudder

CMF_erynne

» CMF Member
(Hi, I'm fairly new here and didn't know where to put this, feel free to move it if necessary thx :) )

Ok, I have a 1995 K11 Nissan Micra, it's my baby lol. I've had her for about 6 years and nothing bad has ever really gone wrong with it but yesterday driving home she started to get a really bad front end shudder, it felt like it was coming through the tyres as opposed to the steering so we pulled over and checked for flats, bulges, eggs etc but couldn't see anything (my CV joints have gone before and it kind of felt like that but they seemed fine) so we keep driving and it just kept on getting worse so we pulled into a service centre, put some fuel in, checked all the tyre pressures and had a quick look under the bonnet but everything looked ok. So we get back on the highway and it's not there?! Oh wait there it is...after the stop it just kept on coming and going and coming and going, no consistency in it at all!
I can't really think of what it could be so if anyone could help us out, it'd really be appreciated.
If you need any more info, let me know and I'll do my best.

Oh sorry, forgot to mention that it only happened when the engine was under load...like I took my foot off the accelerator and it would kind of go away but as soon as the foot goes back down, it comes back straight away..

Thanks in advance

CMF_erynne

» CMF Member
Oh sorry, forgot to mention that it only happened when the engine was under load...like I took my foot off the accelerator and it would kind of go away but as soon as the foot goes back down, it comes back straight away..

CMF_erynne

» CMF Member
Heya guys,

repost, this is still happening. Tried to drive to Newcastle the other weekend and same thing. Checked fuel, tyre pressure, etc etc. still nothing looks wrong. This may sound a little silly but could it be the actual tyres?
Please help.

thanks

smidge

» CMF Member
you've checked the wheel nuts right?

does it ONLY happen when you're accelerating? cause if so chances are its the drive line (engine, gearbox, driveshafts)

if it happens when coasting also then its more likely do with your suspension or brakes etc

personally if i can't figure it out myself within a day or so i'll just bite the bullet and take it to a mechanic, often they can check it out and give you a quote to fix it, be clear with them how much you can spend at that point etc...

CMF_erynne

» CMF Member
Yep, wheel nuts are good n tight :)

Happens more under load like going up a hill, which is when you accelerate I guess so I suppose the answer to that Q is yes. See the thing is that it doesn't come through the steering it's just like a full on vibration coming from somewhere...

Yeah maybe, my boyfriend is a mechanic though and he said it's nothing he's come across before but I guess a second opinion never hurt anyone hey lol.

Anything I can try n do for now?

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
Could be the injectors. I had something a bit similar and injector cleaner fluid could have done the trick, but instead I paid out $100 plus for a mechanic. Also, should get the fuel filter changed if it hasn't. I think that is one of the reasons my injectors got messy.

So Fuel Filter replaced and injector cleaner fluid that gets tipped in the petrol tank.

Back