Reputable engine dealer and fitter, CG13DE

Hi, I've been reading these forums for a while now and there is just so much information for me to take in, and plenty of friendly help it seems, so I can do what I would like to do in confidence knowing that there is someone that may offer me some advice if I have a problem. I'm very excited and I hope in time I can help someone out.

Any who, to the point lol, I would like to update my engine in my 98 1.0l twister, to the CG13DE. Needless to say I don’t understand the first thing about fitting a new engine, so I was thinking maybe i could finder a company who has them and would fit them with a gear box if needed, maybe one with a turbo.

The problem now is finding a reputable company that has a good reputation and provides great quality service and work, and at a reasonable cost. I'm not sure on how much i would want to spend, I think I’ll have to decide that when I’ve heard a few quotes.

Any info anyone can provide would be great, i live in Derbyshire, but would be willing to travel I like a drive.

Thanks,

Ben

Im not entirely sure but I think it would be cheaper to buy a whole 1.3 and insure it, not 100% on conversions

Most people source the Engine themselves, then either fit themselves or take it to any good garage and get it fitted.

Fitting a turbo has always been a DIY job, don't think I have heard of anyone getting a company to fit them.

it all depends how quickly and how much money you wana spend, for a basic conversan your looking up to bout 550 and fr aturbo anything from 2500 upwards, ed is ur best bet for tubo but the garage im at can do the standard engine change

You can get engine conversions done for around £250 labour if you provide the engine and it's a straight swap.

However, you can usually buy a CG13 for £60 to £100 and can easily do it in a weekend.

Turbo conversions can be done yourself, low boost for around £800 to £1k but for a professional to fit and install everything, including the fabrication work, you're looking over 2k.

Hmm, ok then. Well from the information you guys have given me, I think my best bet is to source my own engine, and fit it myself with the help of my father. Guess I'll start searching for one at local scrap yards.

Matt Humphris for the engine swap he did a fantastic job on mine.

But as your in derby Top Boss performance will turbo your car for about 1k - 1500 with an intercooler, he will also source you an engine and fit it for a bit more.

Back