K12 Boot Lock & Rear Registration Light Problem

Hi

Ok the Mrs just put her K12 in to get its MOT the other day, its an 05 plate so its not exactly old, came back with a lot of problems apparantly,
front Discs,Pads, Rear shoes, emission problems, wiper problems, rubber bushes lower suspension arms and rear registration light not working.

anyway changed most of the stuff myself, the suspension bushes tho were not damaged in the slightest and i reckon the guy is just chancing his arm.

My problem tho is the Rear registration light that is not working. ok the deal is our boot lock does not work either well it does and it doesnt, its intermittent sometimes it works as does the light and then it stops working as does the light. im thinking it could be an earthing problem or something but tbh im just not clued up on the wiring of the k12 and with it being intermittent i can rule out a lot of things.

does anybody know what i should try? what cables im lookgn for, what earthing points i should start with?
really i have very little time to get it fixed as the tax is up soon and the mot and the mrs has to get to work somehow.
i have had it on occasions given the boot a slight hit and it starts to work but that seems to have stopped working now :-D anyway if anyone can give me some insight into this it would be most appreciated.

Cheers
Fras

Some Micra's did have a problem and were recalled because of the boot lock, don't know if this is related to the light issue though.

OP
OP
S
update, ok well ended up getting the mechanic to replace the bushes.
bought the bushes myself, mechanic failed to fit them and bent the arm apparantly so had to have a new arm aswell, oddly the other side slipped in fine. Now im a chartered Engineer so i asked for him to retain the parts so i coudl inspect them myself, got back and looked at the shoddy work as i had suspected the bush had been deliberatly damaged so the extra arm would be needed, it was just the most blatent bad forgery i had ever seen in my life, he quoted the usual "ahh mate if you had bought proper nissan parts then it woudl have been fine" which i knew instantly was a load of bull since i design presses and tools for the aftermarket brakepade industry amoungst other things so i knew instantly that the tolerances setout by the initial specifications for parts have to be on the mark.
anyway in the end i just paid the extra 35 quid he wanted to replace the arm. lol which i have priced up myself and the cheapest i found was 65 so god knows where the arm came from.

ok totaly of my initial post, the car went back to get retested and it passed surprise surprise, light at the back and boot still failed to work but was never mentioned on the second test.

anyway i wont be taking my car back to that garage.
I am wondering just what my position is in terms of dodgy workmanship? is there anything that can be done about it?