repair costs!!

just got the 2007 k12 3/4 repaired..
n/s trackrod end £20
horn fitted (i supplied it)
lamaba sensor £72
(meant to get the headlamp alignment too but he spent to long on it and said to bring back (too far away to leave up again) as it was fiddly "after market lights"
anayway total
£198.00!
is that about right, vat inc

didnt realise it was cheap1. getting old
depressing aint it.
to put it in to context, Nissan main dealer labour is between-40-60 an hour (have seen 90 at some) and they have defined times for each task, so something like a headlight bulb is 1 hours labour.
for your tasks,
trackrod end is 1 hour (yer I know)
horn is 1.5 hour because it means dropping the front grill off.
lambda sensor is 3 hours depending on engine, but officially you are meant to drop the cat out to do it.

so 5-6 hours on your car at a stealer without parts, 300 quid + parts.

Scary aint it. :(

depressing aint it.
to put it in to context, Nissan main dealer labour is between-40-60 an hour (have seen 90 at some) and they have defined times for each task, so something like a headlight bulb is 1 hours labour.
for your tasks,
trackrod end is 1 hour (yer I know)
horn is 1.5 hour because it means dropping the front grill off.
lambda sensor is 3 hours depending on engine, but officially you are meant to drop the cat out to do it.

so 5-6 hours on your car at a stealer without parts, 300 quid + parts.

Scary aint it. :(

“5-6 hours on your car at a stealer without parts, 300 quid 5-6 hours on your car at a stealer without parts, 300 quid”

When young I passed my test I bought some hand tools & together with Haynes manuals, for less than “300 quid”, I taught myself to do all repairs on my old bangers that became lifelong manual transferable multi skills in electrics, plumbing, hydraulics, & decorative bodywork.

Saved me a lifelong fortune doing up my early crappy old houses as well as on my bangers to this day.

Happy days! :)

“5-6 hours on your car at a stealer without parts, 300 quid 5-6 hours on your car at a stealer without parts, 300 quid”

When young I passed my test I bought some hand tools & together with Haynes manuals, for less than “300 quid”, I taught myself to do all repairs on my old bangers that became lifelong manual transferable multi skills in electrics, plumbing, hydraulics, & decorative bodywork.

Saved me a lifelong fortune doing up my early crappy old houses as well as on my bangers to this day.

Happy days! :)
How do you think I know the rates at a stealer?

Unfortunately my tools cost me considerable more than 300 quid over the years and on cars upto about 2009 I agree completely in the .most part. An obd11 scanner is now a must though.

How do you think I know the rates at a stealer?

Unfortunately my tools cost me considerable more than 300 quid over the years and on cars upto about 2009 I agree completely in the .most part. An obd11 scanner is now a must though.
OBD scanner OMG 100% one tool now you need in your tool box.

just got the 2007 k12 3/4 repaired..
n/s trackrod end £20
horn fitted (i supplied it)
lamaba sensor £72
(meant to get the headlamp alignment too but he spent to long on it and said to bring back (too far away to leave up again) as it was fiddly "after market lights"
anayway total
£198.00!
is that about right, vat inc
Just as well it wasn't the main dealer they'd probably even charge you for the Coffee!

Back