removing front bonnet grills

Please can someone help out with this, im trying to get the grills out the bonnet so i can modify them, but when i try to remove them, they're not coming out. Is there a trick to get them off? I notice there arent any bolts/screws to undo, theres just a load of 'tabs'..

p.s my car is 2001.. Thanks.

Please can someone help out with this, im trying to get the grills out the bonnet so i can modify them, but when i try to remove them, they're not coming out. Is there a trick to get them off? I notice there arent any bolts/screws to undo, theres just a load of 'tabs'..

p.s my car is 2001.. Thanks.

There aren't any nuts or bolts on the facelift grills. They're just held in by clips, and need to be carefully pried out from the front whilst pushing the clips from the inside. If they are anything like mine were, they'll be fairly tight. Just take your time and work from one side of each grill then work your way around. Once enough of the grill is sitting away from the bonnet jiggle it slightly whilst pulling and it'll come out.

There aren't any nuts or bolts on the facelift grills. They're just held in by clips, and need to be carefully pried out from the front whilst pushing the clips from the inside. If they are anything like mine were, they'll be fairly tight. Just take your time and work from one side of each grill then work your way around. Once enough of the grill is sitting away from the bonnet jiggle it slightly whilst pulling and it'll come out.

Thanks bro, im going to try it out tomorrow. Nice one:cool:

Thanks bro, im going to try it out tomorrow. Nice one:cool:

Just remembered that you said there were a load of tabs, whatever you do DON'T go trying to jimmy them as they'll break (besides, they only hold the black inner plastic to the outer chrome part of the grills), instead pry one side open from the front and wedge something small (though not a screwdriver as that'll likely damage the paintwork on the bonnet), then work to jiggle the grills loose from the inside. If you be patient and take your time, you'll get them off without damaging the bonnet or the grills. Good luck :)

i took mine out the other day to spray them, didnt bother taking the plastic chrome off, just lifted the bonnet, undone the 3 8mm nuts and bolts and then they just slide out. would bother trying to take the chrome parts off if i were you, the tabs look very weak!

I've owned 2 facelift K11s and both had no nuts, bolts or any kind of screws holding the stock chrome grills in place. The earlier facelift (1999-2000) might have had fittings as those grills were slightly different in design, but the latter facelifts (2001-2002) have push fit ones, or like I said, at least mine did. If there are screws/bolts, obviously that's your way to get them off, but I'm just offering my advice from my own personal experience. :)

I've owned 2 facelift K11s and both had no nuts, bolts or any kind of screws holding the stock chrome grills in place. The earlier facelift (1999-2000) might have had fittings as those grills were slightly different in design, but the latter facelifts (2001-2002) have push fit ones, or like I said, at least mine did. If there are screws/bolts, obviously that's your way to get them off, but I'm just offering my advice from my own personal experience. :)

your right the early facelifts have a few bolts , Nissan must have changed the fittings

Back