removing screws

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
Right I need to change the rear wiper motor and I got the back off no problems, but now there is 3 screws I can seem to move at all with a screw driver. I have put some WD40 on them and still not luck. Anyone have any tips for removing them. As if I can get the wiper replaced it will save me money by the garage not have to do it for me. Also I want to remove the air filter and replace it with a induction cone. I have the same problem there this time just the one screw.

Any advice would be helpful.

Stupid question, but are you using a decent screwdriver?

Use a longer screwdriver to get more torque, a nice large ergonomic handle, and make sure it fits correctly.

are they the bolts which you can use a 10mm socket/spanner aswell as screw driver?
sam with air filter.

Depends what you class as decent. Il have a look what size the screws are in the morning and purchase a socket.

make sure the screwdriver fits the screw head perfectly... then if you cant budge it drill a hole in the handle through the centre, and put another screwdriver through it horizontally. now you got like 10X the turning force (this is why the 1st driver must fit or you will strip the head and have to drill it out!
)

Just bought a socket set for £5 and it works

Haha! the ratchet if it came with one will not last very long! I bought a cheap argos set and broke it in a few days.

I highly recommend Halfrauds socket sets. They've got a lifetime guarantee.

I have removed 2 screws but they broke off, one to go on my rear wiper motor and the one holding the air filter box in place, cant get that off because of the positioning of the screw. I think I shall get mt garage to do it for me.

Back