Remote wire for amp and sub?

So...obviously one end of this wire goes to the amp, where does the other end go? and where can i get the wire from? does it need certain connectors? are there any ways around it? cheers guys!

The other end comes out of your headunit, it should be a blue wire called "Remote" or something along those lines.

Any old wire will do (although blue is the usual colour) as it just carries a low current 12v to tell the amp when it should be on or off!

it is a live switch wire
put it to the ignition live wire,,,,,,,,,,,,,then a switch between that and amp if you want

it is a live switch wire
put it to the ignition live wire,,,,,,,,,,,,,then a switch between that and amp if you want
I had to do that on my Almera as I amped up my standard stereo, I would advise against doing it like that if your headunit has a dedicated remote wire output.

i never use the sterio one :) having a option to amp or not to amp,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but yeh let em fry though man !

So if there is an option to do it in the back of the stereo do that? will it be in the little plastic wiring box thing that comes of the stereo or actually on the head unit? Will any small current wire work, just twist/solder/tape the ends on?

So if there is an option to do it in the back of the stereo do that? will it be in the little plastic wiring box thing that comes of the stereo or actually on the head unit? Will any small current wire work, just twist/solder/tape the ends on?
What make of headunit is it? I know the Pioneer units I've had all have it coming out of the loom that they come with

It should have the remote wire coming out of the look ont eh back of the head unit normally has a clear plastic cover over the end plug and sometimes a wire off that aswell, I know that's how my Clarion is set up, I just use a small Choc block for that wire in case I need to remove it all easily :)

The remote wire is blue or blue with white strip withing the headunit wires. Now I have 5 amps on my previous sound system, 3 playing vocals and highs and 2 playing bass. The bass amps I ran a wire from my ignition to a lil hideaway switch then to the amps. This made sure that I knew, how to turn on and pound my bassline an not whoever wants to I leave in the car waiting for me! You can even stick the remote into the positive to turn it on as my car system now lives and plays in my house!:D Its all up to how up want it lol

Attachments

• 1366989794206.jpg
    1366989794206.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 211
  • 1366989848671.jpg
    1366989848671.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 222
Back