Amp and Sub remote turn on together?

Tom Messy

Ex. Club Member
I'm trying to wire in my new amp, and I'm all done except the remote turn on lead. Can I splice it to get power from my sub's one, or will that blow something up? Both cables are 18 awg *I believe*.

Cheers,

Tom

Cheers MM. I would do it from the stereo, but it was such a bum to get in that I have vowed never to remove it again. I'm sure Micras aren't very accommodating for new stereos! The space just doesn't seem big enough to me...

Tom

Its not big enough. I had to 'bend' the cage for my radio to fit in!

Also the amount of cabling behind is stupid, it overflows all the way to the bottom of the center console.

Yeah I managed to wedge my one at the right angle and tuck the cables out of the way at the same time. Doesn't need screws it's so wedged! lol

I daisy chained all my remotes together, it won't be a problem. 18awg sounds quite small though!

My remote is even smaller than that, 24 gauge I think, it's just a signal anyway

My stereo isn't held in by anything and if I accelerate too hard it flies out and crushes my hand against the gearstick lol

I didn't even bother with the cage, and just screwed it to those mounting brackets with one screw on each side.

The space didn't seem too accommodating for cage.

Yes it would be fine to daisy chain it to one other amp. Just don't do it with too many otherwise you'll overload the headunit (best to use a relay instead).

Back