Remote Starting??

M

Mulbers

Is remote starting someting that can be done on a k10?
Someting i was thinking of doing for the winter so i can have a nice warm car by the time i get in. Maybe a bit ott.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75329&item=7987371938&rd=1

I guess it can be done, however you'd probably have to wait ages for it to heat up!! mine only really starts to heat up after i've done a few miles in it.

Yea thats true. Well im going to fit central locking and an alarm, it was just someting that didnt cost that much more and would be a nice show piece.

Anyone made a guide for fitting central locking kits to a k10?

Mulbers said:
Yea thats true. Well im going to fit central locking and an alarm, it was just someting that didnt cost that much more and would be a nice show piece.

Anyone made a guide for fitting central locking kits to a k10?

Not sure about a guide, but i've got remote locking etc in my car and with the right knowledgable person doing the installation, it shouldnt be a problem! It depends how advanced the alarm is. Part of it's wired into the doors, interior light, ignition and the brakes!

My k10 had a custom remote start linked in with my Clifford Alarm, a unit
Mark made as my alarm wasn't compatible with cliford remote start modules due to my Clifford XL10 being an older unit.

New clifford and other alarms can be have remote start modules added to them and will work on a K10. Ed had one on his black ST that was standard with the Alarm he had I think.

Kev

kev_mono72 said:
That ebay kit seems too good to be true, its very cheap for what it says to be, i might try buy one for my next car!

I wouldnt trust it tbh. £25 for something that 'does all that'....

What if it went wrong?! Your car could be fóóked!

lol have you spotted the fitting instructions in the image!!!

Kev

It was just an example of a remote starting kit/alarm. I don't think i would trust something that cheap. Yea I spoted the very small instruction manual.

I only wanted to know if it can be done for future reference. Any kits you guys recommend?

Is there any chance of someone e-mailing me a few pics of there central locking kits, solenoid locations etc. (if you took pictures as you were doing it that is). To be honest any information would be a great help with this.

E-mail: [email protected]

Cheers

Mulbers said:
Is there any chance of someone e-mailing me a few pics of there central locking kits, solenoid locations etc. (if you took pictures as you were doing it that is). To be honest any information would be a great help with this.

E-mail: [email protected]

Cheers

After having my door cards off for the past month, i've only just had them refitted! otherwise i'd have taken some pictures of mine. I will do when i get my electric windows fitted :)

Sods Law. Nevermind.

That would be grand if you could do that. Need a starting point to get going with it really.

Thanks.

When you take the doorcard off there is a space on the bottom right for drivers door, bottom left for passenger.
You can screw the soleniod to the door from the outside, the door will still close fine and if done properly you wont even notice the screws, works great too!

kev_mono72 said:
When you take the doorcard off there is a space on the bottom right for drivers door, bottom left for passenger.
You can screw the soleniod to the door from the outside, the door will still close fine and if done properly you wont even notice the screws, works great too!

The door cards cover the screws up wherever you put it! My drivers door its up the top, and my passenger door its down the bottom.. (dont ask) but theres more space at the bottom of the door to wire things in

i dont think it will work very well on a K10. On an injected car it will be fine, but on a k10 you need to tap the throttle before you start it when its cold to set the choke. Kev has said before his worked well - i can't see it though.

Back